Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using AA FF code on a BA flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Using AA FF code on a BA flight

Is there any disadvantage to using my AA frequent flier code on a BA flight? I'm in the US and fly AA and I don't think I'll fly BA that often so getting the AA miles will be helpful. Just want to know if I'll lose out on anything on the flight/terminal/boarding etc. if I don't use the BA FF code.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look here (similar topic) Any Advantages to Booking on BA vs AA for EP Members?
If you are a member of the AA frequent flyer program (AAdvantage) no benefit in joining the BA freq flyer program (BAEC)

Edit: OP's other thread on this trip
FIrst Time BA Flyer and European Vacation

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 18, 2018 at 8:05 am Reason: added link
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:04 am

Au contraire, if you have status with AA, you'd be better off using your AAdvantage account on this flight as the benefits would carry over. (That assumes you don't have equivalent or better BA status, of course)
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:43 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Very useful on BA for free seat selection and priority check in -- can check bags at at Business (sometimes First) Counter. Also priority boarding but BA boarding is such a mess it usually doesn't matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.