Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

747 Upstairs and Busy or Downstairs and quiet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

747 Upstairs and Busy or Downstairs and quiet?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the contributions.

In the end - I stuck with the upper deck - my first experience with the new bedding (really not sure of the point of that seat cover thing) and it turns out I'm a heavier sleeper than I give myself credit for. According to the crew - they tried to wake me at 50 minutes to landing with a cup of tea and despite giving me a shake I didn't move.

It was pretty quiet even on the UD - not too much noise from anywhere. So I was happy with my choice. But I agree with orbitmic - the empty cabin thing is far rarer and I was very tempted.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
That would have been my decision too. In fact, I'm struggling to think on any scenario I'd trade 64A for a seat on the main deck.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by where2travel
That would have been my decision too. In fact, I'm struggling to think on any scenario I'd trade 64A for a seat on the main deck.
I think it's fair to say that it is precisely the point of the thread in a way that if you would not consider moving to the main deck when the reason to do so is to get a completely empty cabin all to yourself, then you certainly won't under any other circumstances!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I like the side bins so I'd have stuck with the top deck of the bus. All things (ie including price) considered, 64A is my favourite seat on BA - any class, any type, any route. Not that I'm biased ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.