Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Limoges (LIG) airport - CE food / lounge / advice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

Have to go to a wedding in France. LIG looks like the most logical place to fly from Gatwick.
Wondering if there's a lounge? Given the CE fare difference, I'm assuming not.
Which band does CE food fit into too - would the dinner service on 21:40 flight be hot/cold (or a choice)?
Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Wondering if there's a lounge?
The lounge database would appear to give the answer no: BA Lounge Database | Europe
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No lounge in LIG, there is in LGW. More details in the Dashboard - Europe lounges guide

For the catering, see the relevant CE Catering Guide thread, but the short answer is it's a Short route, so panini/salad in theory. I don't see the date of your travel, however it's also a seasonal route, so in practice the catering may well have been revised by the time you fly.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No lounge in LIG, there is in LGW. More details in the Dashboard - Europe lounges guide

For the catering, see the relevant CE Catering Guide thread, but the short answer is it's a Short route, so panini/salad in theory. I don't see the date of your travel, however it's also a seasonal route, so in practice the catering may well have been revised by the time you fly.
Looking for August.

It's worth the extra £36 to travel CE on the return leg for the 35TP alone. The price doubles on the outbound for CE, which probably isn't worth it IMO as I'll have LGW lounge access anyway (then I'll kick myself when I'm 35TP short of something in 2019).
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
There's nothing at LIG, you check-in then go through security and downstairs to the "holding pen" and wait for boarding. There is a toilet in the holding pen and I think there may be a drinks/sweets machine of some sort but nothing else. There's a coffee shop in the check-in area and a paper/sweet shop.

It's my local airport and is mainly used by Ryanair and Flybe with some Air France flights to Lyon and Paris Orly.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Have flown to and from LIG lots.
Yes there is no lounge or fastrack but the airport is so small you really just have to be there an hour before. Less if you're daring, which I am not. There's a cafe downstairs and a restaurant upstairs.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Looking for August.

It's worth the extra £36 to travel CE on the return leg for the 35TP alone. The price doubles on the outbound for CE, which probably isn't worth it IMO as I'll have LGW lounge access anyway (then I'll kick myself when I'm 35TP short of something in 2019).
I thought it was 40TP.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by TheOldMan
I thought it was 40TP.
This is the difference between CE and Y not looking at CE in isolation which is indeed 40 TPs
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Quite right. A thousand pardons.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
By the way, the area is breathtakingly beautiful.

Hopefully you will get a chance to explore Limousin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.