Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seat reservation won't save on B787 flight to Madrid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

The "First" seating on the B789 has opened up on my upcoming flight to Madrid, so I went to change our seats to 1K & 2K but for some reason my seat reservation won't save. My girlfriend who is Bronze can be placed anywhere, and it'll save/be confirmed. If I select the same seat (Gold member), it just throws up an error code.

I rang BA and the agent said she'd speak to her supervisor who said "this flight is on the Dreamliner, it's an error, the cabin won't be in use" which I don't think is relevant (whereas it may be true for operational reasons on the day, I don't think this is why my seat reservation won't stick).

Any ideas? I have tried the usual tricks of using the Qantas/Royal Jordanian/Finnair website to select seats, still no joy!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Solved.

To conclude this story: I had to remove my BA Gold FF number from the booking and it let me select a set in First.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Please report back whether it actually sticks and you get to travel in F. No luck so far.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
Please report back whether it actually sticks and you get to travel in F. No luck so far.
Will do! I’m fully expecting to be moved back but we’ll see.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Well we’ve been auto moved back to CW seating but I won’t finalise seating until tomorrow so I can see if it opens back up again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.