I got caught pilfering!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I got caught pilfering!

I fess up!!

I thought I was being discrete putting a couple cans of ginger ale in my bag but I was spotted by a lounge attendant with a

“I ain't seen nothing man but have a good flight”

I admit this to being a 1 out of 5 on the pilferage scale as (a) it was only 2 cans (b) it wasn’t booze (not even the cheap stuff) (c) I felt suitably chastised (d) they don’t have a lot of it on board

i am obviously going to hell on a Baggage trolley.

i accept my fate with equanimity. Prepare the Flyer Talk guillotine and I’ll do my best Sydney Carton impression of stoic Britishness.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:24 pm

Never had an issue with passengers doing it personally. Airlines (and i don't just mean BA) rarely do frequent enough drinks runs so i don't see why its a problem for passengers to bring drinks onboard themselves.
kaka likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Your going to HEL? Does not seem much of a punishment?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Worcester
Your going to HEL? Does not seem much of a punishment?
No TPs - think about the waste!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
OTOH, I note this from a recent A3 forum post:

"... Oh nothing surprises me in lounges I visit all over the world these days. I saw someone with a pop up flask in BA First lounge pouring in Whiskey. Avianca lounge in SJU where a couple were putting bottles of wine into their carry on. Sadly sign of the times...."
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Good in you for confessing, I was once told off in an AY airport when my flight that had been delayed was brought forward and I left with my half drunk Diet Coke bottle in my hand.

Although one does see it regularly in lounges, it is essentially none of my business what others do, but thanks for sharing to open the debate a little more balanced than previous discussions.
tmac100 and SkyTeem like this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Showing contrition, the accused asked for 56 packs of chilli flavour kettle crisps and an experimental cheese roll to be taken into account...
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
My name is jahason and I keep taking two bags of Kettle crisps every time I fly and I need help.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Might not Capital Punishment be appropriate here? Only be allowed to fly to capital cities and missing out on cheap tickets to cool second cities...
adrianlondon and ubiest like this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:18 am

I saw one guy on a flight recently trying to put all the empty drink bottles (quite a few) in his bag so that the stewardess didn't notice how much he'd drunk...

...I assume partly because we were in WTP and he'd taken them from the CW galley. (Am I right in thinking the WTP flyers shouldn't have access to that stuff?)
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:22 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
My friend who is a very tight Yorkshireman and is best described as a Scotsman stripped of his generosity couldn’t resist a packet of crisps from the T5GF just in case he got hungry of the flight to AMS. This packet then travelled AMS LHR JFK LAX LAS LAX and finally HNL where after 4 days he became hungry and consumed them.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:36 am

I'll now admit to stashing 2 mini cans of coke in my carry on during my last visit to GF in order to mix with the "home filled" miniature of vodka I had bought with me to drink on board (Y flight on IB).
The stares I got from this one guy sat a couple of tables away who saw what I was doing convinced me I was going to be publically shamed on here.

Funnily enough the public shaming came from the IB crew member clearing in rubbish during the flight who recognized Cîroc isn't their on board brand and began to berate me over how it wasn't allowed. Unfortunately the damage was already done by then. I shrugged and left it at that.
RoyalSwazi and Ruth4325 like this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
I've taken soft drinks and maybe fruit or bag of crisps sometimes but never more. Can't understand the mind set of people that load up, or fill empty water bottles up with booze etc ! Mind boggles..
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: KL/BMI/BA
N
Originally Posted by RG1X
I saw one guy on a flight recently trying to put all the empty drink bottles (quite a few) in his bag so that the stewardess didn't notice how much he'd drunk...
I remember years ago when we were seated in Y right at the back of a 747 to JNB. We were taking numerous turns to go to the galley for more red wine (crew were very obliging) and we kept popping into the rear lav to dispose of all the empties in the bin and hide all the evidence (as you do when you are young).

Ruth4325 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by RG1X

...I assume partly because we were in WTP and he'd taken them from the CW galley. (Am I right in thinking the WTP flyers shouldn't have access to that stuff?)
Probably uses the empties to fill up at home and take on board ET flights as they will pass through security 100 ml limit
RG1X likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.