Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 10:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by madfish
I’m sure it was very stressful, but the opup would have helped calm your nerves.
due to the aircraft change the PDB champagne wasn’t chilled in F, they offered me water or orange juice! It was the most traumatic part of the whole ordeal. Went to the UD and the CC I was originally with has some chilled so managed to recover the situation.
florens and Pilot37 like this.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
I wonder why he was flying on a commercial airline when he has his own jet to 'play' with:

https://www.private-jet-fan.com/lewis_hamilton_jet.html
Maybe HMRC have clamped down on his usage of said aircraft
Old May 9, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
I wonder why he was flying on a commercial airline when he has his own jet to 'play' with:

My guess someone else was paying for the trip.
John
Old May 9, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard

Could be a sponsor paying for it, or not sure if his private jet has to stop for refuelling etc.

But I have seen him post his BA journeys a few times recently. Can't imagine he would fly to a race with BA - would be inundated with fans wanting to take selfies.

Originally Posted by KARFA

yes that was an interesting flight. Boarded on time. Announced there was a small fault with the fuel system but was rectified. Last fuel was then being loaded. Next thing captain made an announcement to evacuate and leave everything behind, we were still attached to the air bridge. All seemed quite orderly but swift. We were pushed in to the gate area. You could see the fuel leak under the aircraft. Captain made an announcement in the gate area, the refueller has got a load of fuel on him but was ok fortunately. Initially appeared it could be cleaned up, the fault fixed, and we could reboard later but that wasn’t to be. After 2 hours we were allowed to go back on for our things. In the end we boarded a different plane just before 2300 (original departure time was 1830). It was a mid J which had gone tech on a MIA flight and ended up at JFK so they ran the flight with that aircraft.

i didn’t see him either on board or in the ccr, but that could easily be due to my lack of observation skills and/or alcohol
Interesting - thanks! Good the refueller was ok.

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
To be fair, the guy's so short he's probably out of your view, so easy to miss...
Haha! Last time I met him, we were around the same height, about 5 foot 6 ish. Not *that* short! But he does like to put his hoody on etc in public for obvious reasons
Old May 10, 2018, 2:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA

yes that was an interesting flight. Boarded on time. Announced there was a small fault with the fuel system but was rectified. Last fuel was then being loaded. Next thing captain made an announcement to evacuate and leave everything behind, we were still attached to the air bridge. All seemed quite orderly but swift. We were pushed in to the gate area. You could see the fuel leak under the aircraft. Captain made an announcement in the gate area, the refueller has got a load of fuel on him but was ok fortunately. Initially appeared it could be cleaned up, the fault fixed, and we could reboard later but that wasn’t to be. After 2 hours we were allowed to go back on for our things. In the end we boarded a different plane just before 2300 (original departure time was 1830). It was a mid J which had gone tech on a MIA flight and ended up at JFK so they ran the flight with that aircraft.

i didn’t see him either on board or in the ccr, but that could easily be due to my lack of observation skills and/or alcohol
now been reported in the sun https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/625126...-leaking-fuel/

i have been quoted, taken from my tweets. i am not responsible for the photos tho, what an A380 has to do with anything who knows
Hilde likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
I'm pretty sure Sophie Ellis Bextor was in the GLA lounge on Monday afternoon this week. Didn't see her on board. But wasn't particularly looking. By all accounts a lovely lady.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
To be fair, the guy's so short he's probably out of your view, so easy to miss...
I think the same can be said for most F1 drivers. It seems that being of fairly diminutive stature is a good thing in that sport.
Old May 10, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
I think the same can be said for most F1 drivers. It seems that being of fairly diminutive stature is a good thing in that sport.
Well they are technically jockeys arent they?
Old May 10, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
Considering the limited space for the driver, I'd say that's expected
Old May 10, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Paren
Could be a sponsor paying for it, or not sure if his private jet has to stop for refuelling etc.

But I have seen him post his BA journeys a few times recently. Can't imagine he would fly to a race with BA - would be inundated with fans wanting to take selfies.

Interesting - thanks! Good the refueller was ok.

Haha! Last time I met him, we were around the same height, about 5 foot 6 ish. Not *that* short! But he does like to put his hoody on etc in public for obvious reasons
Lewis was attending the Met Gala. I don't think his F1 sponsors would pick up the tab for that.

Last edited by HilFly; May 10, 2018 at 8:52 pm
Old May 10, 2018, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Considering the limited space for the driver, I'd say that's expected
There is a minimum weight for driver and car. Ballast is then used to increase the combined weight if this combined weight does not meet the minimum. The advantage to being small (implying light) is that the ballast can be positioned strategically thereby improving weight distribution. Drivers are not small because the cockpits are small necessarily (remember Nigel Mansell); drivers are small because there is a competitive advantage in being so.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by HilFly
Lewis was attending the Met Gala. I don't think his F1 sponsors would pick up the tab for that.
And since he was done over in the press for using his jet for jollies and the VAT implications of doing so, that’s probably why he was flying commercial.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MrPrice16
On the BA315 yesterday. CDG-LHR. Treated to two celebs. Robert Carlyle in CE and Adrian Child’s in ET.
OK so Robert Carlyle was one, but who was the other ?
MrPrice16 likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
(Sir) Bob Geldof or his identical twin brother in GF now

Managing to look dishevelled and rich at the same time - an impressive achievement
Old May 16, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Harry Styles was on yesterday's BA6 from NRT. I was able to spot him on arrival at LHR while I was waiting to disembark as his party was allowed off the plane first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.