Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Figured I'd share on here as well. £1400 BA/AA J LHR-LAX, LAS For most of later half 2018 and beyond. Post is in general premium fares, but figured some of you may not venture over there so i'd make mention of it here. https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...018-09-19;sc=b
megaloman likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
Figured I'd share on here as well. £1400 BA/AA J LHR-LAX, LAS For most of later half 2018 and beyond. Post is in general premium fares, but figured some of you may not venture over there so i'd make mention of it here. https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...018-09-19;sc=b
Also ORD - midweek flights and no bouncing around in US from that I saw.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Not sure if mentionned before, but there is a quite good fare exFrance to BKK (INCEU60) for about £1500 in Club. Can route via SIN, KUL or HKG (or go direct...).

There is a 60 days advance purchase requirement.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by PAL62V
I'm dreaming of a sale fare to Australia that includes dates just after Xmas day. But I think it will remain a dream.
Depends where you are. But if you are prepared to get to Cairo then I've seen £1162:00 CAI-MCT-KUL-MEL over the Christmas 2018 period all in J. Flights are with Oman Air, some good reviews on Youtube for this, and Malaysia (All A330's), aldo some good reviews on Youtube. Might be an option. The longest wait time I can see is Overnight in MCT but only outbound.

Tempted to do it myself despite having arranged November in Oz with QR for £1669:00 recently.
ML
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

I allocate a good 30-60 minutes to chat to various members of the cabin crew (when they’re not busy), especially the female ones.
I would just allocate the entire trip to talk with the cabin crew where feasible (especially the female ones) Ooh, suits you sir!!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Lots of of North American destinations from £1330-£1480 from LHR - some good opportunities to upgrade. Posting as not just LAX / LAS ��
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Mountlodge
Depends where you are. But if you are prepared to get to Cairo then I've seen £1162:00 CAI-MCT-KUL-MEL over the Christmas 2018 period all in J. Flights are with Oman Air, some good reviews on Youtube for this, and Malaysia (All A330's), aldo some good reviews on Youtube. Might be an option. The longest wait time I can see is Overnight in MCT but only outbound.

Tempted to do it myself despite having arranged November in Oz with QR for £1669:00 recently.
ML
I had a look and found this on ITA Matrix. Amazing price. But does Oman Air earn Avios/TPs as this could be an ideal way to bump up my status (which is sorely needed).
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
I had a look and found this on ITA Matrix. Amazing price. But does Oman Air earn Avios/TPs as this could be an ideal way to bump up my status (which is sorely needed).
Hi,

Oman air would not earn TP or Avios ( unless it was a BA codeshare)

Regards

TBS
PAL62V likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Nope - Oman air is not part of OW and thus you won’t get any TP’s or Avios if you fly with them.

Pilot37
PAL62V likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Depends how creative you can be in positioning. You can do Cairo - Wellington NZ for around $2,000 - 2,500 USD over Christmas / New Year and you can have an almost free stopvover for as long as you like in Sydney or Melbourne. It's mostly on EK metal but can be booked entirely on QF codeshares which earn tier points.

Sample route:
CAI-DXB-MEL-WLG and back
or for max tp:
CAI-DXB-SIN-MEL-WLG

Positioning to Cairo can be done for 12,500 avios each ways + taxes on BA. If you
In lieu of the Oman Air idea suggested to me (thanks for the tip but I need to also earn TPs on this) I am having a look at this EK/QF idea. What I don't know how to do is get ITA to allow me a "stopover" in MEL of around four weeks(!). If I try a multi-city (CAI-DXB-MEL then a further flight to WLG), followed by a WLG-MEL-DXB-CAI the price rockets for obvious reasons. I need to do a CAI-DXB-MEL-WLG but stop in MEL for a long time. Can anyone suggest how to enter this into advanced routings?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by CaroFos
Lots of of North American destinations from £1330-£1480 from LHR - some good opportunities to upgrade. Posting as not just LAX / LAS ��
Hi all, I wonder if someone could help with the fare rules on these ILW8C1S4 tickets. I thought I'd try and make a mini TP out of a relatively cheap SFO J fare but the usual HEL and/or JFK transfers make the fare skyrocket. I thought the fare rules say transfers are ok but clearly, I don't understand the details well enough. Thanks in advance for a newbie question!
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I can see some some INV-ORD and INV-PHL (possible other destinations too) in F for about £1,700. Fare basis is ANN8I1S6. I've seen dates in July and August so far.
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd

I normally agree with the overwhelming majority of what you write here, but I just cannot agree with this. Got my next “experience” with MAN security next Thursday

And sorry to drag up this topic of conversation in an otherwise excellent thread - I have just reconfirmed that MAN security is indeed the hell pit of all civilisation. Got the customary "all liquids out or you'll be delayed 40 minutes" nonsense whilst dispensing belongings into the trays. Then, bag does in fact get pinged (having been through 5 airports in the last 9 days with the exact same contents without incident) and the abysmal organisation of getting the bags searched. I counted that over 67% of bags were being sent for human screening (why?!?!) in the time I was waiting. After my bag was pulled to pieces, I duly asked "Did you find anything?", the answer of course "No". Said agent wasn't very happy when I cheekily asked what the point of it was.

Back to searching for the next best fare to help the TP runners.....
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
I can see some some INV-ORD and INV-PHL (possible other destinations too) in F for about £1,700. Fare basis is ANN8I1S6. I've seen dates in July and August so far.
Ex INV is the gift that keeps on giving
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Are there any of these amazing deals bookable on BA.com (so that I can use my Avios for a discount)?

As soon as BA.com sees AA domestic sectors on a different date it seems to fall over.

I know it's not the best use of them I know...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.