Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by teledude
exOSL on QF/EK (QF codes) for just over 3k all in J for 800TP looks reasonable All on one ticket too so fully protected against IRROPS etc

edit - can tweak it over 900TP for 3170

edit2 - BA/CX/QF for just under 700TP for 2.8k - would be 760TP with positioning in J

Lastedit! 1060TP monster for 3.5k
Thanks! Think one of these is probably the right option... What were the last two suggestions specifically?

Main challenge is the BKK-AKL leg. My connecting flight to NPL will leave at 5pm, so need to get to AKL by 3.30pm or so (in order to be home for xmas)! Many options don't work (including MH, or the cheaper QF flights). Cathay BKK-AKL much more wiggle room than QF also. Failing this, I'm tempted to try book flight to SYD, then get the last leg (SYD-AKL-NPL) on AirNZ to minimise risk of missing that final flight to NPL!
ABZFlyer16 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by teledude
exOSL on QF/EK (QF codes) for just over 3k all in J for 800TP looks reasonable All on one ticket too so fully protected against IRROPS etc

edit - can tweak it over 900TP for 3170

edit2 - BA/CX/QF for just under 700TP for 2.8k - would be 760TP with positioning in J

Lastedit! 1060TP monster for 3.5k
Think one of these is the answer - what were the specifics for the last two options? Challenge is definitely the BKK-AKL leg; many of the cheaper flights don't get in to AKL in time (before 330pm on the 24th Dec) to get me home for xmas on the connecting flight... CX flight much better timing than QF, but failing that tempted to try book to Sydney and then book SYD-AKL-NPL on separate ticket. Annoying booking flights with so little flexibility just before xmas.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by uknzflyer
Think one of these is the answer - what were the specifics for the last two options? Challenge is definitely the BKK-AKL leg; many of the cheaper flights don't get in to AKL in time (before 330pm on the 24th Dec) to get me home for xmas on the connecting flight... CX flight much better timing than QF, but failing that tempted to try book to Sydney and then book SYD-AKL-NPL on separate ticket. Annoying booking flights with so little flexibility just before xmas.
Best I can do on the 1060 run would be into NPL for 9am on xmas day - like you say the 6pm out of BKK doesn't help on the 23rd

This is the monster

Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:46 pm

And the easy one...
LCSinTexas and uknzflyer like this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:15 pm

That's gotta be the winner! Can I ask how you managed to find that? I can get it on ITA Matrix, but only when I search very specifically for those flights... More general searches don't throw this up as an option...
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by uknzflyer
That's gotta be the winner! Can I ask how you managed to find that? I can get it on ITA Matrix, but only when I search very specifically for those flights... More general searches don't throw this up as an option...
Multi city
Add in the connection points and specify alliance oneworld as the advanced routing code
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Small point on the above: the CX BKK-HKG leg seems to have fallen out of the routing above, and there's no need for it.

Not that I'd ever have found this on one ticket without teledude and, while BKK-HKG is easy to do, another 40 TP and no additional cost (plus single ticket protection) have to be worth it.

Edit: ITA likes to route you on BA28 on the return leg but BA32 (on the A380) is preferable and the same price so I'd swap that in, too. Finally, if you wanted to add a stopover so you could go home from LHR with your luggage, and fly to Oslo later at your leisure, that would add €100 + additional short-haul APD.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
The fare seems to be a QF OSL-AKL with pretty nice, but not unusual stopovers en route allowed. I can get similar pricing without playing too much with a stopover in SIN, too, for example. Not bad, albeit not dirt cheap either. Nice holiday if you have the time

EDIT: For some reason I had to force OW on Matrix, without that I was only seeing Star Alliance fares for SIN stopovers ...
Old Mar 9, 2018, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
Small point on the above: the CX BKK-HKG leg seems to have fallen out of the routing above, and there's no need for it.

Not that I'd ever have found this on one ticket without teledude and, while BKK-HKG is easy to do, another 40 TP and no additional cost (plus single ticket protection) have to be worth it.

Edit: ITA likes to route you on BA28 on the return leg but BA32 (on the A380) is preferable and the same price so I'd swap that in, too. Finally, if you wanted to add a stopover so you could go home from LHR with your luggage, and fly to Oslo later at your leisure, that would add €100 + additional short-haul APD.
Didn't notice that one..thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Morning all!

Does anyone have any ideas for a HKG trip in October? Departing BRU but can obviously be flexible ex-EU wise. Specific dates 16th-27th Oct, but can be flexible within that range. Cheers!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by JMurray
Morning all!

Does anyone have any ideas for a HKG trip in October? Departing BRU but can obviously be flexible ex-EU wise. Specific dates 16th-27th Oct, but can be flexible within that range. Cheers!
Given you already can start from BRU, it is a no brainer to do the well known AMS-LHR-HKG>BKK>HKG/KUL/SIN(pick one of these three to return from)>LHR>AMS with BA/CX - should come in around £1,450 or so.

Pilot37
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: BA; LH; AF
Hi
Long time reader, and what I've read here I can normally put to good use, but I could do with some assistance, please. My objective this year is to maximise tier points (I'm about a year off Gold for life), and struggling a little with sensible routes for a trip I have in May from LHR to DFW. There are some decent A fares if I do AMS-LHR-DFW and back, but are there any other routings that would make sense? I'm happy to add some intermediate stops, but need to get to my destination rather than spend a week on a tour of the US. Dep May 17 or 18 and return May 25th.
Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RichP
Hi
Long time reader, and what I've read here I can normally put to good use, but I could do with some assistance, please. My objective this year is to maximise tier points (I'm about a year off Gold for life), and struggling a little with sensible routes for a trip I have in May from LHR to DFW. There are some decent A fares if I do AMS-LHR-DFW and back, but are there any other routings that would make sense? I'm happy to add some intermediate stops, but need to get to my destination rather than spend a week on a tour of the US. Dep May 17 or 18 and return May 25th.
Thanks!
Was going to suggest INV-LHR-ORD-DFW and back, however flights back from DFW on 25th and 25th look extremely busy.

INV-LHR-ORD-DFW DFW-PHL-MAN-INV is £1695 with a return from DFW on 26th May...
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Sealink
Was going to suggest INV-LHR-ORD-DFW and back, however flights back from DFW on 25th and 25th look extremely busy.
The start of Memorial weekend in the U.S and the English 2nd May bank holiday weekend - so big holiday weekends for both Countries will lift prices and flight loads across this weekend.

Pilot37
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: Oneworld
Hi guys, new to premium fare and looking for inspiration. Is there any good deal ex-EU for HKG leaving 27-29 September and returning 6-8 Oct? and also leaving 21 dec returning 1-jan?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.