Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:16 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MADPhil
According to the BA calculator at https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb you will get nothing for Glasgow<>Gatwick and 7456 Avios + 140 TP each way for Gatwick<>Honk Kong if you are on CX coded flights.
I don't think BA domestic flights have CX codeshares so I think they are just booked under the BA flight number.

EDIT: actually checking more some do! however the LGW-GLA doesn't seem to have a CX codeshare
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
According to the BA calculator at https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb you will get nothing for Glasgow<>Gatwick and 7456 Avios + 140 TP each way for Gatwick<>Honk Kong if you are on CX coded flights.
It looks like it's quite hard to be on a CX-coded flight between GLA and LGW (or LHR): there aren't any.

On that basis, april2018 will be flying BA-coded flights on the GLA-LGW and LGW-GLA sectors and will earn for those in exactly the same way as if the ticket were a BA ticket for GLA-LGW-GLA alone - including cabin and status bonuses. The fact that CX issued the ticket is irrelevant.

Last edited by Globaliser; Sep 19, 2018 at 3:56 pm Reason: Redundant part of post now removed.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by april2018
Thank you.
So I get the points and miles even though the flights would be booked on the Cathay Pacific website?
It would be a cash booking and I have no oneworld status- just BA Blue member.
yes you will, just make sure your BAEC number is in the booking. you may have already added it in when making the booking, but if not you can go on manage my booking on the cathay website and add it.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Thank you.
So I get the points and miles even though the flights would be booked on the Cathay Pacific website?
Yes.

Originally Posted by Globaliser
But GLA-LGW and LGW-GLA are in any event BA-coded and BA-operated.
Oops, that was a cut and paste typo from the Dashboard, so, just like the song by Rag n Bone Man

"I'm only human after all, I'm only human after all, don't put the blame on me, don't put the blame on me"

BA prefix, BA operated flight
You earn Avios and Tier Points for a BA flight as per ba.com

Last edited by PETER01; Sep 19, 2018 at 3:29 pm
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:26 pm

Thanks everyone. That's really helpful.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
AIUI the GLA-LGW flights will earn TP's but not any bonus Avios. Happy to be corrected!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29235437-post5.html

BA prefix, oneworld partner operated flight
You earn Avios and Tier Points for a BA flight as per ba.com
Thank you.
The Glasgow Gatwick segment seems to be sold as a BA flight and I guess CX don't sell code shares on that route so that's why the calculator fails, though it doesn't tell you that. As long as the flights are credited to BA you will earn TP and Avios: TP 40+140+140+40=360 Avios 750+7456+7456+750=16,412
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Glasgow Gatwick segment seems to be sold as a BA flight and I guess CX don't sell code shares on that route so that's why the calculator fails, though it doesn't tell you that.
But if you're flying a BA-coded flight (which april2018 clearly is), you put British Airways into the airline field, and the calculator tells you exactly what you earn. There's no failure there.

It's the BA code that's the important information. The fact that CX sold the ticket or that there are other flights in the itinerary which have CX codes simply doesn't matter.
PETER01, KARFA and MADPhil like this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hilton/Diamond, BA/Gold
Was very pleased to just tick over 1500 TP a couple of days ago and got my first "First" experiance at LHR on my way to Munich.

On the flight back was very surprised to have the CSM came over to say "Welcome to Gold, let me know if you need anything". Immediately asked for a glass of champagne and was obliged once we had taken off.

Was very surprising as from boarding it was clear there were a lot of Gold+ card holders on the flight.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETER01
Oops, that was a cut and paste typo from the Dashboard, so, just like the song by Rag n Bone Man

"I'm only human after all, I'm only human after all, don't put the blame on me, don't put the blame on me"
We can all do that sometimes. Thanks for the edit - I've now edited the redundant bit out of my post.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

We can all do that sometimes. Thanks for the edit - I've now edited the redundant bit out of my post.
Thanks, yes my little error there, it's been a long day, and a very very windy and chaotic one up here in Edinburgh, so time for some Zzzzz I think and goodnight to Flyertalk.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:48 am

Transfer from Avios to BA Executive Club account

I'm thinking of creating a BA Executive Club household account. It says on the Avios site: "Combine my Avios is only available if all details, including your surname, date of birth and e-mail address are on your account, and you're not in a household account. If you're in a household account then please contact us."

If you contact Avios will they allow you to transfer Avios from your BA Executive Club household account to your Avios account and vice versa? Thank you.

I contacted Avios. They said that this only applies if you have an Avios household account, not a BA household account.

Last edited by VG31; Sep 21, 2018 at 10:09 am Reason: Resolved
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:04 am

Hopefully a quick and easy one.

If I book the following on Expedia, can I get BA tier points?
10:35 - to 15:40 10h 5m
  • From Heathrow (LHR)
  • To Miami Intl. (MIA)
  • Iberia 4228 Operated by American Airlines
  • Premium Economy ( T)
  • BOEING 777-300ER
, configuration: { omniturePrefix: 'FLT.RD', initiallySelectedFlightIndex: 0 } })]View Iberia flight 4228seats

Stopover4h 19m stop in Miami (MIA)
19:59 - to 21:48 1h 49m
  • From Miami Intl. (MIA)
  • To Cancun Intl. (CUN)
  • American Airlines 2492
  • Economy ( H)
  • Boeing 737-800
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, use the earnings calculator and input LHR-MIA on IB, and MIA-CUN on AA.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
Yes, use the earnings calculator and input LHR-MIA on IB, and MIA-CUN on AA.

Great. Thanks a lot.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:42 am

I don't think that's what calpelion meant. I read that as they opened a new BAEC account in March 2018, they had to start from scratch for lifetime TPs, as you would with a new account. (It's repeatedly mentioned as one of the things that happens if you voluntarily close your existing account and then open a new one.)

What I do wonder, though, is if their old account was completely closed due to lengthy inactivity, rather than because they positively asked for it to be closed, whether it might be possible for BAEC to trace the lifetime TP total as at that date and add it to the new account. I can understand why BAEC wouldn't be keen to do that if the closure of one account and the opening of a new one is to do with changing the membership year end date, but if the old account was closed due to simple inactivity then I wonder whether BAEC might look more favourably on such a request.
just seen this post. I tried to reactivate my old Exec club account, and was told i couldnt due too inactivity. I was told the old account and all points accumulated were void, and basically had to restart from scratch so too speak. Interesting point about lifetime TP. It wasnt that many to be honest, but interesting point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.