Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by MrDplus
I haven't found the equivalent counter on the website.
Then that would seem to confirm that you have completed the four eligible flights that are needed for promotion to Silver. When you've collected a further 120 TPs, then you will be promoted to Silver - although you probably know that it won't be instantaneous and it takes a few days for the promotion to complete.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
So, this summer my Gold membership will end but I have a trip to the US in the weeks directly after that date. The membership card shows a validity until the next month as usual. Probably I will be able to enjoy benefits in terms of using the First wing at LHR etc. but I was just wondering if I will also earn avios as a Goldcard holder during that last month?
The US trip will result in enough tier points for Silver I have no worries about not having a soft landing.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Great_circle
So, this summer my Gold membership will end but I have a trip to the US in the weeks directly after that date. The membership card shows a validity until the next month as usual. Probably I will be able to enjoy benefits in terms of using the First wing at LHR etc. but I was just wondering if I will also earn avios as a Goldcard holder during that last month?
The US trip will result in enough tier points for Silver I have no worries about not having a soft landing.
Your status level and all associated benefits (TFW, GF, avios earning etc.) will continue to the card expiry date.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
I have a business class ticket on Oman Air (WY), MEL-KUL-MCT-CAI for next month.

The MEL-KUL sector is operated by Malaysian (MH), but my ticket is for a WY code share on that flight.

I'm wondering if there's any way I could get some avios for that flight, instead of crediting to WY's Sindbad FFP?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grace B
The MEL-KUL sector is operated by Malaysian (MH), but my ticket is for a WY code share on that flight.

I'm wondering if there's any way I could get some avios for that flight, instead of crediting to WY's Sindbad FFP?
If you've bought the WY "flight" in the sense that WY is the flight number on the ticket, then that's the primary basis for where you might be able to credit the flight.

It is not foolproof or necessarily comprehensive, but https://www.wheretocredit.com/oman-air suggests that apart from WY's own scheme, there is a possibility of crediting to EY's scheme. But that won't be in Avios, of course - and it looks like there aren't any oneworld schemes or Avios-denominated schemes to which you can credit a WY flight.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Thanks for that. It's pretty much what I thought, but I was hoping....
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just trying to figure out exactly how many Avios I will be earning on a Flight + Car booking, and noticed some apparent differences between the reference info upthread and BA's website.

04 Car Rental

Avis
Rent with Avis four times or more in one year and collect 750 bonus Avios
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ios/car-rental

Rent with Avis four times or more in one year and collect 1,000 bonus Avios.
Has the Rent-Four-Times bonus been increased to 1,000 Avios recently ?

05 BA Holidays

Earn 2 bonus Avios for every £1 you spend on holidays. That's on top of the Avios you'll collect for the flight and car rental elements of your package.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...avios/holidays

Earn 1 bonus Avios for every £1 you spend on holidays.
Is the bonus 1 or 2 Avios nowadays ?

Also, maybe a rookie question but I can't find the answer : when the car comes as part of an inclusive Flight + Car package, what is the value of the car rental that is used to calculate the Avis "3 Avios per £1 spend" ?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:32 pm

Hi. Really stupid question.
Say my membership year finishes on 31 December.
And on make a flight on 30 December that takes me up to Gold Tier. Does that mean I only get one day of Gold membership?
Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Just logged in to BAEC and noticed that about 20,000 Avios are no longer in my account. Seems when shopping through the BA portal Home Depot decided to decline several transactions spanning back about 4 months. I have no idea why. Anyone ever had this happen to them, if so, where did you start to get answers?

Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Hi. Really stupid question.
And on make a flight on 30 December that takes me up to Gold Tier. Does that mean I only get one day of Gold membership?
Thanks!
No, you get one day, plus the whole of the following year, plus the odd weeks until your card expires and you soft-land in Silver.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold OWE
Hi I was wondering if there was any update to the Wiki for the following :
  • BA partner airline prefix, BA operated flight

You earn in accordance with the relevant partner table. However the flight does count towards a BA metal flight needed to obtain status.

I am looking at a Finnair flight so the booking code will be AYxxx although it will be BA metal. I need to have the 4 BA qualifying flights which is not easy from Asia. Will these count? Thanks very much.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by toplayer
Hi I was wondering if there was any update to the Wiki for the following :
  • BA partner airline prefix, BA operated flight

You earn in accordance with the relevant partner table. However the flight does count towards a BA metal flight needed to obtain status.
I am looking at a Finnair flight so the booking code will be AYxxx although it will be BA metal. I need to have the 4 BA qualifying flights which is not easy from Asia. Will these count? Thanks very much.
Yes AY marketed and BA operated counts as an eligible flight.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb

Eligible flights are defined as those flights marketed or operated by British Airways and those flights marketed and operated by Iberia.

-'Marketed' means the flight will have a BA flight number (in your itinerary or on your ticket).
-'Operated' means the aircraft that you travel on is a British Airways aircraft (including franchises and BACityflyer).
-'Marketed and operated by Iberia' means the flight will have an IB flight number and the aircraft you travel on is an Iberia aircraft (including franchises).

Reward bookings and agency or industry discounted bookings are not eligible.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by memesweeper
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
No, you get one day, plus the whole of the following year, plus the odd weeks until your card expires and you soft-land in Silver.
And to make it more realistic, no membership year finishes on 31 December. They always finish on the 8th of the month, and the membership card itself expires on the last day of the following month.

If your membership year ends on 8 December 2018, and on 7 December 2018 you take a flight that qualifies you for Gold, you will then become Gold for the remainder of that membership year, the whole of the following membership year (up to 8 December 2019) and then further until the card expiry date of 31 January 2020.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
And to make it more realistic, no membership year finishes on 31 December. They always finish on the 8th of the month, and the membership card itself expires on the last day of the following month..
To be more precise, the TP collection year ends on the 8th of a month and the current status expires at the end of the following month unless it was earned in the collection year. The BAEC membership endures.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:57 am

I had a quick look and couldn't see an answer to this

My year ends on the 8th June and i will be taking the following flights

LAX - JFK : June 8th (daytime local time flight)
JFK - LHR : Departing JFK @ 11:00pm, arriving LHR 11:00am on the 9th
LHR - CAI : Departing LHR @ 5:15 pm on the 9th

The TPs from the final leg (LHR - CAI) are required to get me over the 3500TP mark and i'll just scrape it with that flight - but the flight is on the 9th and my year ends on the 8th

Will they post to this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.