Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
On that basis, am I right in thinking that if I take a (BA) flight on Wednesday morning, which puts me up to silver, there is a slim/negligible/zero chance that my account will have updated by Friday to get me into the (BA) lounge on my next flight?

If that's the case, then I'll take a cheaper/more convenient flight on the Wednesday.

Thanks for any opinions/insights.
I would say the chance is almost none.

I would expect the points to post friday morning and the upgrade to occur Sunday ... maybe Monday.
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Did a quick search and found many mentions but not one designated thread, so here goes. Going to make gold (!!) this year (if/when) I get the two-week TP year extension; was just wondering whether I should ring up BA before or after my flights? Cheers
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by lostinlondon
Did a quick search and found many mentions but not one designated thread, so here goes. Going to make gold (!!) this year (if/when) I get the two-week TP year extension; was just wondering whether I should ring up BA before or after my flights? Cheers
AIUI - the best approach is to do both. You won't get given it before the year ends - but you can get them to confirm it exists, confirm you've requested it and to add a note to your account. That just smooths the waters if you then get an agent who doesn't know what you're talking about when you call up after the points post.
lostinlondon likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MPH1980
AIUI - the best approach is to do both. You won't get given it before the year ends - but you can get them to confirm it exists, confirm you've requested it and to add a note to your account. That just smooths the waters if you then get an agent who doesn't know what you're talking about when you call up after the points post.
Lovely - thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Looks, like some earning changes when flying Sri Lankan (UL) from February 1st. Business in Booking Class I now only earns 100% Avios instead of 125% and some other changes, but TP still the same. BA Calculator still uses the old values.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
It says under Bronze benefits:
Allocate seats for yourself and other members in your party free of charge, up to seven days before departure (excluding exit row seats and all seats booked as Hand Baggage Only fares).

I was able to select seat, including exit seat 7 days before departure on HBO fare in shorthaul flight for free.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA
What is the meaning of the "Valid until" date on the Gold Executive Club card? On mine that I just received it says 04/20, does this mean I can enjoy Gold privileges until April 2020?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LucasSev
What is the meaning of the "Valid until" date on the Gold Executive Club card? On mine that I just received it says 04/20, does this mean I can enjoy Gold privileges until April 2020?
The card is valid until the end of the last day of the month printed on it, so in your case that would be 30 April 2020. It's an unusually long period, but maybe you have received an extension from being caught up in the May 2017 IT problem, or something similar? What does your online account say (the website, not the app)?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The card is valid until the end of the last day of the month printed on it, so in your case that would be 30 April 2020. It's an unusually long period, but maybe you have received an extension from being caught up in the May 2017 IT problem, or something similar? What does your online account say (the website, not the app)?
The website says 30th April 2020 is the card expiry date. I remember reading about extensions due to the may 17 IT incident, but at that time I only had bronze. My collection year ends in a couple of days and I managed to get to gold a week ago.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
I am a GGL travelling with 2 non-status guests. Would they be allowed to check in with me at T5 First? As I recall I could only take 1 with me through First security though. Can anyone confirm?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Lolbert
I am a GGL travelling with 2 non-status guests. Would they be allowed to check in with me at T5 First? As I recall I could only take 1 with me through First security though. Can anyone confirm?
Isn't GGL allowed two guests into GF? If so, they should both get through the First Wing security with you.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:35 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
On that basis, am I right in thinking that if I take a (BA) flight on Wednesday morning, which puts me up to silver, there is a slim/negligible/zero chance that my account will have updated by Friday to get me into the (BA) lounge on my next flight?

If that's the case, then I'll take a cheaper/more convenient flight on the Wednesday.

Thanks for any opinions/insights.
Originally Posted by MPH1980
I would say the chance is almost none.

I would expect the points to post friday morning and the upgrade to occur Sunday ... maybe Monday.
Due to leaving my wallet behind at a customer, I missed my cheaper/more convenient flight and ended up taking the BA flight anyway.

As MPH1980 guessed, the points did indeed post Friday morning, but the upgrade to the account was on Saturday morning.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Any advice on Iberia their points not following through to BA account? i flew lhr-mad, mad-nce. Mad-NCE came through but lhr-mad didn’t. MMB states 20 points for the trip (1 flight through so 10 points in, 10 missing)

tnx
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Were you booked on the IB flight number for LHR-MAD? I've never had Avios/TPs for IB-coded, BA operated* flights post automatically. I wait a week and submit the form, they tend to appear 2-3 days later.

*Even if your LHR-MAD was IB operated, as far as the systems are concerned, it's "operated" by BA.
TPRun likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Bronze
Could someone confirm the username of the BA employee who can assist with Avios claims on this forum? Is it MissingAvios?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.