Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The travel documents details you have entered are not valid for this flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The travel documents details you have entered are not valid for this flight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold TK*Gold
Has anyone had experience of checkin with BA for travel for South Africa and validity of passport being less than 6 months, have searched on web and supposed to be 1 month on passport but some customs officers in SA insist on more than 6 months, just realised I'm travelingl early January and passport expires in May 2019
Any advise appreciated
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by ajm1972
Has anyone had experience of checkin with BA for travel for South Africa and validity of passport being less than 6 months, have searched on web and supposed to be 1 month on passport but some customs officers in SA insist on more than 6 months, just realised I'm travelingl early January and passport expires in May 2019
Any advise appreciated
If I understand the gov.uk website advice, it appears to say that you best have 6 months validity on passport. You maybe able to renew passport in time e.g. Mrs IntVic renewed her passport online on the evening of Mon Nov 26 with me taking the pictures of her on my mobile phone. Posted old passport on Tue Nov 27. New passport was received on Sat Dec 01. This was the normal service. Possibly with the urgent applications it could be done even faster.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
this is the page being referred to above

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

note also the 2 clean pages requirement as well

BA check in staff will rely on what an IATA tool called timatic says about passport validity

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/pas...quirements.htm
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The UK government's information is not relevant. This is a matter for the South Africans. IATA's TIMATIC database is available through a number of free channels and you would be best advised to complete the database form with your exact details and, presuming that your passport and passport pages are correct, keep a hard copy printout with you. It is what the check in agent will see on his screen, but it's helpful to have the entries to double check.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...aspx?i=TIMATIC
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
I'm getting the same message when checking in for LHR-CDG for a flight tomorrow. I've entered all my advanced passenger info -- UK passport, 9 years til it expires. Any ideas why the system says "The travel document details you have entered are not valid for this flight"?

It's not like we've BREXITed yet! Never seen this before with any carrier. I did fly BA in october last year, so they have seen this passport before.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by TONY123
Update. Phoned BA this morning, after checking my details, they confirmed that
it was a random check and that all our details are correct and to pick up our
boarding cards at the airport later today.
Many Thanks for all your advice

Might be a daft question, have you checked your details for accuracy - so easy to mistype the data? If so, then the following response posted by the OP in relation to their situation might provide a reason:

Originally Posted by TONY123
Update. Phoned BA this morning, after checking my details, they confirmed that
it was a random check and that all our details are correct and to pick up our
boarding cards at the airport later today.
Many Thanks for all your advice

Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
I'm getting the same message when checking in for LHR-CDG for a flight tomorrow. I've entered all my advanced passenger info -- UK passport, 9 years til it expires. Any ideas why the system says "The travel document details you have entered are not valid for this flight"?

It's not like we've BREXITed yet! Never seen this before with any carrier. I did fly BA in october last year, so they have seen this passport before.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Might be a daft question, have you checked your details for accuracy - so easy to mistype the data? If so, then the following response posted by the OP in relation to their situation might provide a reason:
And I'm getting the same "The travel document details you have entered are not valid for this flight" for a flight LHR to BSL tomorrow.

Re-entered my details twice now, same message. Flew to OSL in April, with BA. I'll give BA a call next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.