Wiki Posts
Search

San Diego and Philadelphia lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
San Diego and Philadelphia lounges?

Am travelling on a BA booking from Manchester to San Diego with BA via LHR and return via Philadelphia with AA.

San Diego has an Airspace Lounge and Admirals Club Lounge, any recommendations?

At Philadelphia there are two Admirals Club Lounges in Terminal A and a Galleries Club, I assume Galleries?? Am BA Silver...

Thanks

Tony
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Admiral's Clubs have very restricted free food: cheese and veggies basically. The BA lounge at PHL is quite nice, fairly small and can get full though. I'd probably head to BA lounge over the AC at PHL, but since you're flying AA you may have to walk quite a bit from the lounge to your gate: I'd suggest to check before settling down in the lounge.

No idea about SAN.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by ademanuele
San Diego has an Airspace Lounge and Admirals Club Lounge, any recommendations?
They are the same lounge.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 7:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Airprox
They are the same lounge.
Well not quite. There's an Airspace lounge in SAN, there's no Admiral's Club. There isn't any food offering at all with the exception of very basic snack mixes, cookies and apples. Nice enough place with free wifi using the Airspace SSID but that's about it. There is a small bar.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Well not quite. There's an Airspace lounge in SAN, there's no Admiral's Club. There isn't any food offering at all with the exception of very basic snack mixes, cookies and apples. Nice enough place with free wifi using the Airspace SSID but that's about it. There is a small bar.
The front desk is usually staffed by an AAgent and an Airspace person comes over to take Amex/PP/other lounge pass entries. There is a food menu for BA passengers in the evening (but you won't be able to find a seat then, particularly when BA272 is a B744)
Old Dec 25, 2017, 7:41 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Airprox
The front desk is usually staffed by an AAgent and an Airspace person comes over to take Amex/PP/other lounge pass entries. There is a food menu for BA passengers in the evening (but you won't be able to find a seat then, particularly when BA272 is a B744)
There won't be any food offering in the lounge for the OP traveling to the UK via PHL on AA.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
There won't be any food offering in the lounge for the OP traveling to the UK via PHL on AA.
Correct.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
If you have an Amex platinum card or centurion card, the centurion lounge directly above the BA lounge recently opened and has a very nice food offering though it is likely to be very crowded.

Sometime next year, AA will be opening a flagship lounge at PHL replacing part of their A gates admirals club, which based on the other flagship lounges will have a surprisingly solid food offering as well (somewhere in quality between GF and CCR at LHR).
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
If you go to the restaurant in PHL (Left for Gold + 1st and Right for Silver Club) note that you can't get to the restaurant unless you are in 1st or Club. When I was there recently there was a string of people going in but turned away. The sign that lets people know is on the wall "IN" the restaurant.

If it was on the way facing "out" of the restaurant people would be able to see before being refused. If I was you I would get into either one early if possible.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Hi GlasgowCyclops, I assume that the restaurant is in the Galleries Club lounge? I have booked a business class ticket with BA but will be flying with AA to Manchester (codeshare), assume I will be able to use the restaurant? I get to PHL around 3pm thus I suspect the Galleries Club lounge will be fairly quiet?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Hi GlasgowCyclops, I assume that the restaurant is in the Galleries Club lounge? I have booked a business class ticket with BA but will be flying with AA to Manchester (codeshare), assume I will be able to use the restaurant? I get to PHL around 3pm thus I suspect the Galleries Club lounge will be fairly quiet?
It's a section within the lounge. However essentially it is the Sleeper Service meal in Club World, and Pre Flight dining for First, so normally it's BA only, not AA. However there will wraps and sandwiches available outwith that area. In any case the hot food is served a couple of hours before the first BA Sleeper Service, so 15:00 hrs is too soon.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:03 am
Original Poster

My AA flight (BA1599) is at 9pm, so I will not be able to use the lounge restaurant even though booked through BA?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
My AA flight (BA1599) is at 9pm, so I will not be able to use the lounge restaurant even though booked through BA?
Rather a long time to be in the lounge! No, as mentioned, the pre-flight meal option is part of the Club World and First products on BA, so as an AA traveller you wouldn't usually get access to the hot food, they have a different product concept to BA. However you're not going to starve on AA and they won't be dimming the lights too soon on the MAN service either, so you may as well eat there. Plus the snack food in the BA lounge isn't that basic: in addition to the sandwiches there are crisps, biscuits, salad items, fruit, cereal bars, dips. But if in the airport for 6 hours then I'd find somewhere in the airport, or even pop into the city itself.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think a month or so ago someone commented that the dining area of the PHL lounge was closing. Was that ever confirmed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.