Search

BA CW Wash-bags Uses

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35K
BA CW Wash-bags Uses

Hi all,

This is a little off topic but relevant to BA so I figured I'd post it here. I'm curious what uses all of you have found for the BA Club World wash-bags? I've personally used a few as shoe bags or to carry cables and/or power plugs/converters but has anyone come up with any creative use? For those of you travel very frequently, are you at the point where you just leave them on the plane upon arrival?

Curious to hear your ideas!

Cheers,
TUF
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Shoe Bags indeed ... just about to unpack several.

i suspect some charities might appreciate them.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GGL
I find them excellent for lining the bottom of the bin!
rossmacd likes this.

Last edited by Filthy Monkey; Dec 23, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Currently cycle touring in Asia: dirty laundry receptacles. Whereas AA quality bags make great storage for spares, leads etc
rossmacd and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For those of you who wear spectacles and have other bits and pieces that you need inflight, these soon-to-go wash bags are useful as storage areas in CW once the seat is reclined (© CIHY).

At home I use them for smaller sheep implements such as seam rippers, hoof picks, syringes, fencing tools. It inevitably gets quite muddy at this time of the year but can be chucked into the washing machine. One of the cats sometimes uses one as a face scrub.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
They were made to be travel shoe bags, however, my size 13’s don’t fit inside them so the other half has all of them!
20Rothmans likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Finavia
They were made to be travel shoe bags, however, my size 13’s don’t fit inside them so the other half has all of them!
My exact problem - I have just been leaving them on board lately. The charity suggestion from T8191 is a good one - I should start taking them and giving them to shelters. They can always use toiletries.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
I can't remember the last time that I accepted one. I would probably only use the moisturiser and leave the rest which seems a waste
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:51 am

Use one to hold pegs tied to washing line. Stands up to the elements very well.
HIDDY, offtothehills and kwisstan like this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:54 am

dcmike, Stez, 20Rothmans and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I’d rather they lose a couple of the contents and provide a decent toothbrush. More often than not these can be purchased for £1.50ish so BA could get a bulk deal I am sure
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The place for decent toothbrushes is Asian hotel rooms. I carry quite a few of these around with me and replenish as and when. Quite frequently hand them out to colleagues who have forgotten theirs.

As for the CW bags, I use them as washbags and to store USB leads and so on. I find them more useful than the contents to be perfectly honest.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Use them to pack underwear on weekend trips, occasionally shoes or trainers if packing them (you need two bags though) and also useful for cables etc - although I have an ancient Elemis BA zipped pinstriped bag for those too. I suspect I’ll get much less use out of the new bags.
Keystone likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
Mrs Furry has stuffed a couple and sewn them up to use as small pillows.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:12 am

For packing socks (both dirty and clean) and assortment of cables (our family has both Android and Apple devices).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.