Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge in DUB post-flight?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Lounge in DUB post-flight?

Simple question (which I think I already know the answer to...) I have a positioning flight to DUB in CE from where I pick up my long haul in Y. I don't suppose there is an opportunity for a post-flight entry to the lounge in DUB while I wait for my next flight is there?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes you can have lounge access, provided you pay for entry. If you have status with the longhaul airline or an allied airline you may also get access depending on the details.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:53 am
Original Poster

That's what I thought. Not enough last year for Silver so can't use status. Might see what the cost is but it's just a couple of hours turnaround.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by simon1234567
That's what I thought. Not enough last year for Silver so can't use status. Might see what the cost is but it's just a couple of hours turnaround.
The DAA lounges at DUB are part of Priority Pass as well, in case that helps.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
The last time I was in the Dublin lounge (about three months ago) I am sure they had a sign on the desk which said 29euro.

EDIT: PS, whilst I do like the lounge in Dublin for what it is, I would not go out of my way to pay that for a short visit.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:54 am
ECR

I've been there in the last month or so, since the refurbishment. The quality of this lounge has steadily been going downhill over the past few years. There was very little of anything at all to snack on. I don't tend to drink alcohol before a flight, but for those that do it now a bar service rather than self service.

I thought it was 20 euro last time I paid attention to the price, but would not be surprised if it is now 29 euro.

I used to quite like this lounge, but not anymore. To be honest it would probably be overpriced at 5 euros. Although I have free entry via priority pass I'm not even sure it worth the effort of climbing the stairs to it now.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
EUR29 - bookable on line - https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the...cutive-lounges
51st & Green - the preclearance lounge is EUR35/39 - https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the...51st-and-green
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by ECR
I've been there in the last month or so, since the refurbishment. The quality of this lounge has steadily been going downhill over the past few years. There was very little of anything at all to snack on. I don't tend to drink alcohol before a flight, but for those that do it now a bar service rather than self service.

I thought it was 20 euro last time I paid attention to the price, but would not be surprised if it is now 29 euro.

I used to quite like this lounge, but not anymore. To be honest it would probably be overpriced at 5 euros. Although I have free entry via priority pass I'm not even sure it worth the effort of climbing the stairs to it now.
I agree, it's really a pretty terrible lounge. The decor since the refurbishment is bland to hideous - what were they thinking? Food wise the quality is good, but the selection is extremely basic. Your hot item is soup, otherwise there are sandwiches and salad. Tiny pots of crisps and popcorn too. At Christmas they also had mince pies. Oh, and there's cheese.

It's just a bad lounge really, I wouldn't pay for it at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.