Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR Today

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
CCR Today

At the risk of being flamed for saying something positive I have to say the CCR is in v good form this morning. After the faff of one of the Wing scanners being down all the staff have been incredibly solicitous and helpful.
New (?) manager came over to say hello, engaged with MinorEyeswater and MinimEyeswater - everyone seemed very genuine and as if they had all the time in the world for us despite it being busy.
I realise this is probably part of some wider conspiracy for that nice Mr Cruz to steal our children (he’s welcome -please!) but top job from everyone today.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:28 am

Passed through the CCR last night and found the same. Great staff although at that point, the CCR was relatively quiet. According to the staff it was busy in the morning though.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
it was usual good service yesterday too despite it being busy.

staff have now BA name badges (rather than the generic silver ones) and they are dark blue so premium which I think is a nice touch. think it says "hospitality host" on it.

safe travels.
Tobias-UK and mikeyfly like this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm in a couple of times tomorrow so I'll balance things out with as many negatives as possible
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:07 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
I thought exactly the same. Was served immediately in a friendly and professional way. Good food also.And then not one member of staff set foot on the terrace for over an hour. Not to check if I needed anything else nor to clean up the various tables that needed to be cleaned. Not acceptable considering the lounge was very quiet.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold Member
I agree entirely! In the CCR now before my BOM flight and it's delightful. Very welcoming staff and the terrace is getting lots of attention by the hosts. Very impressed; the best I've seen from here in a while!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
The staff in CCR seem to be on food form today, greeted after you entered, quick service in the dining area, actively circulating looking to provide drink top ups Nd best of all, staff on the terrace making rounds regularly observing if you need anything (unobtrusively).

Over the last two weeks BA seems to be actively trying to improve customer service.

Good Engaging crews on short haul (not had previously this year) and ground staff at LHR that actively seem to give any interest in their customers rather than treating them like a number
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:46 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
I was there a couple of days ago and it seemed like the service was better than I've experienced previously. My friend spilled a drink and they were right there to help clean it up and had actually arrived with a replacement.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Nice to see positive posts on CCR.

IMHO, there has been a gradual service improvement during the present year, one guess may be that staff were stimulated by the plans and implementation of the refurbishment.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:11 pm

Great service for my partner and I at the end of October ^
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: Nando's Black, British Airways Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Absolutely agree. All of the staff have been wonderful this evening.

The First Wing was also practically empty at 6.45pm where I encountered a family trying to get through but were one short of the number of guest allowances they needed. The FW staff were trying to explain the policy very courteously to the family who looked confused and forelorn. I said I would be happy to bring one of them through and the gate staff made a huge song and dance about how generous I was. Almost melted my cold grinch heart. Almost.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
This makes great reading. I hope we are starting to see an effort to be excellent rather than functional - safe travels all
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Must admit the new furniture isn't bad. Seems tightly packed in places and the loungers you can stretch out on may be useful.
Looks posher with the white chairs.

Usual big red X on the screen at the desks even though I was holding my CCR card out.

Friendly staff member although only about 4 people here for 4 staff including everyone's favourite bartender Borisz.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:30 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I too would agree with the above.

Of my visits during December, there have been plenty of staff visible, and every 10mins, a tall chap in a suit seemed to wander around - I presume he is one of the managers.

However, I've also spotted the Duty Manager on a few occasions having a chat with different people and engaging with others. Very proactive, and she was engaging when I spoke to her - asking about my thoughts on the new furniture, upgraded CW service (as I was flying to JFK), and anything else I could think of.

M
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Of my visits during December, there have been plenty of staff visible, and every 10mins, a tall chap in a suit seemed to wander around - I presume he is one of the managers.

However, I've also spotted the Duty Manager on a few occasions having a chat with different people and engaging with others. Very proactive, and she was engaging when I spoke to her - asking about my thoughts on the new furniture, upgraded CW service (as I was flying to JFK), and anything else I could think of.
The managers go on a rota, the tall guy (who was promoted through the ranks) and the French lady are both on this rota - and though they could work together they usually would be on different shifts. Using the term duty manager is possibly confusing since that usually refers to the BA duty manager, of which there are several but the main one known to PG and others is definitely male.

I do find this thread bemusing. The staffing level and management has not altered this year (in one case hasn't altered for 15 years or so), some new faces yes - 'twas ever thus given the low wages in the hospitality industry - but essentially very little has changed. The one aspect that may explain this relates to the new furniture on the terrace, which has nearly doubled usage out there, and those on the terrace aren't necessarily there to snooze any more. So on the terrace they have increased staff numbers (at the expense of the main lounge) to take account of the increased footfall. But the number of staff per user hasn't changed. I guess there is an argument that the much-derided revamp increases morale, but it's not something I've detected. Still we can't complain about people being happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.