Wiki Posts
Search

T5 Galleries Lounge Overloaded

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
T5 Galleries Lounge Overloaded

Flying in club today with lots of family and am in Galleries Lounge, I have to say it is a complete debacle, there are constantly people looking around for free seats and most tables are full of old glasses and plates, it is completely mismanaged , any thought or experiances on this from other members?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:06 am

I would expect that the following thread will help to explain some of it:

Holiday lounge access changes
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:55 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by yb90
Flying in club today with lots of family and am in Galleries Lounge, I have to say it is a complete debacle, there are constantly people looking around for free seats and most tables are full of old glasses and plates, it is completely mismanaged , any thought or experiances on this from other members?
This is one of the rare occasions that I'd get annoyed and ask for a manager. Point out the table full of glasses and plates and tell him/her to get somebody to clear them immediately, or failing that, do it himself/herself.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I’m confused.

“Our Galleries Lounge

When you enter our Galleries lounge you are greeted with calm and tranquil surroundings, featuring Osborne and Little exclusively designed fabric, fine wines or ask for a nicely chilled glass of champagne. Your quiet time before your flight will be time well spent”

Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
This is one of the rare occasions that I'd get annoyed and ask for a manager. Point out the table full of glasses and plates and tell him/her to get somebody to clear them immediately, or failing that, do it himself/herself.
Should've added "DYKWIA!?"
DYKWIA and TraumaDoc like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Which Lounge? Head to T5B Lounge if you have time and don't mind the walk, it maybe the tranquil place they say it should be!
Furton likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
The 5 guest thing strikes me as lunacy for the Christmas period when the lounges are likely to be very crowded anyway.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Well it was always going to happen wasn't it. However, at peak times both T5A GC lounges can be extremely busy anyhow; try the northerly end of the South Galleries as I normally find that to be the quietest of areas.
If there are really no seats available, there is not a great deal any immediate management on site can do about it, although that's still no excuse for empty pots around. I was told once there was meant to be a five minute rule for the removal of such, but whether that is still the case I don't know, and has generally not been my experience of late. I do tend to think that BA are currently trying to please everyone using a student budget where the lounges product is concerned, in particular the staffing situation in the club lounges of late. The food products offered aren't up to the standard of certain competitors granted, but for the money BA are doubtlessly not paying, the end product I find to be actually quite decent considering. The only exception to this may be the CCR where the internal workings must get at least a half decent spend.

Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long is the walk to T5B lounge, from either of the A lounges, at a leisurely (not speedwalking) pace? Does T5B also have showers? Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I would have thought that the various cancellations mean that some passengers are spending more time in the lounge today than is perhaps usual. This will make for them being busier. Although that does not excise them being unclean and relatively clean.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by emma69
How long is the walk to T5B lounge, from either of the A lounges, at a leisurely (not speedwalking) pace? Does T5B also have showers? Thanks.
About five minutes. Nice and peaceful. But worth knowing how to get back if you have a flight from A. Do not use the transit.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by madfish

About five minutes. Nice and peaceful. But worth knowing how to get back if you have a flight from A. Do not use the transit.
Always best to be prepared and as expected C-W-S is on the ball here LHR Terminal 5 passageways - a pictorial guide for departing passengers
argonath and 20Rothmans like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Why don,t you go for some peace and quiet to the CCR? Yo are GGL in anycase...who cares about the fam
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
I was there around 10am on a Friday recently for JFK-NRT and it was completely empty.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
It's the same with the flounge. Since the first wing has opened its been very busy and hard to find somewhere to sit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.