Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shortest Club World Route options ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Moscow also offers F, which would make it an even nicer trip and potentially worth the visa effort. In fact, if you've never been, it's an amazing city and definitely worth the visa. I'd highly recommend it!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ringingup

Would BA let you board without a visa even if it’s a b2b?
Yes, it's possible. Technically you are not transiting without a visa but it can be done, see my write up here from earlier this year https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28775010-post1838.html
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:28 am
Original Poster

What do you guys mean by b2b ? As in back to back? Return trip for mileage runs on the same day ?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
What do you guys mean by b2b ? As in back to back? Return trip for mileage runs on the same day ?
yes, as in go to the destination, step off the aircraft, and then reboard the same aircraft to go back. it wasn't for points in my case, but instead a chance to use up a 2-4-1 in f with a friend and take advantage of DME being RFS so cash cost wasn't high
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:42 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
They also fly the 787-900 some days, which has First. It is good value. You can get visa easy enough, if you live in Edinburgh or London, but will add some cost to the trip. Jan is very cold, but you will get some great prices on Hotels. Bear in mind Russian Christmas is 7th Jan, so flights can be very busy around those dates
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Any ideas if there are any trips around europe that uses CW seats ? That is within the 60k avios pricerange ?
Thanks
As well as MAD there are also the Finnair flights on the A350 - 241 won't be usable but the redemptions are very affordable. HEL is cold in winter too, but no visa issues and it is a nice plane and a reasonable length flight.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
As well as MAD there are also the Finnair flights on the A350 - 241 won't be usable but the redemptions are very affordable. HEL is cold in winter too, but no visa issues and it is a nice plane and a reasonable length flight.
I had a look and all the Finnair flights are in A319 jets for some reason lol
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
What about a really cheap NYC / BOS in WTP from Jersey etc and upgrading to CW with those 60 (or 70) Avios? Use the 2-4-1 another time
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
What about a really cheap NYC / BOS in WTP from Jersey etc and upgrading to CW with those 60 (or 70) Avios? Use the 2-4-1 another time
That would have been an option if it wasn't expiring in May lol - sadly think my gf can only come once this year so that wouldn't be an option

Maybe I'll just go standard Club or even economy seats somewhere else - gonna have a look later thanks
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Made a quick search and found A350 return on certain dates, 30K Avios return for 1 person.
Flight number is AY1332/1331. Service concept is similar to CE, full flats but who needs them for a 3 hour flight.

I wouldn't recommend Helsinki in January but would consider TLL, 25 minutes hop from HEL, no visa needed.
Nice old town, very cheap compared to Helsinki, AY has 6-8 flights daily with ATR turboprop.
There is a separate thread in this forum.

Last edited by ff_flyer; Dec 14, 2017 at 12:15 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:51 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Chiming in here... If your gf (and for that matter, you) hold an HKSAR passport you will not need a visa for Russia -- thought I'd point out that possibility as she seems to be coming from HKG.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Personally I would look to Beirut, Tel Aviv or Amman, probably in that order. All three are interesting places and BEY/AMM are served by the midhaul CW product. TLV has a variety of equipment. All 3 places aren't too restrictive on visas,, other than Lebanon requires a passport without evidence of visiting Israel.

You may be able to avoid some of the Russia visa hassle if you get yourself a ticket to one of the World Cup games. You then need a Fan-ID which will save the fingerprinting and cost of the visa. It is valid between 4 June and 25 July 2018, and the cheapest football tickets are US$105. They're not going to check on whether you go to the game or not.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:50 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:00 am
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
There is one A350 every day (8am from HEL and 10.20 from LHR) if you look more closely.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You may be able to avoid some of the Russia visa hassle if you get yourself a ticket to one of the World Cup games. You then need a Fan-ID which will save the fingerprinting and cost of the visa. It is valid between 4 June and 25 July 2018, and the cheapest football tickets are US$105. They're not going to check on whether you go to the game or not.
The terms of this visa waiver for football fans is quite generous; multiple entry between those dates.

Thanks for the useful hint, the visa hassles have been putting me off Russia.

Last edited by flatlander; Dec 14, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.