Search

LHR T3 security opening hours

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
LHR T3 security opening hours

Hi,
We will soon be flying LHR-MIA from T3 with BA on an early morning flight. Does anyone know what time security opens in the morning?
We have no cases to check in.Thanks
Sarah
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sarahuk
Hi,
We will soon be flying LHR-MIA from T3 with BA on an early morning flight. Does anyone know what time security opens in the morning?
We have no cases to check in.Thanks
Sarah

Normal security will be open at 5m but fast track will be 5.30 am at the earliest.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Thanks GadgetGal. We were aiming for 6am so all will be open. I assume the lounge will be open by then as well?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes it will be open.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:04 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Yes it will be open.
Well the BA lounge will be open at 0600 and so will the CX lounge (except on Sundays) but not the QF lounge.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
"early morning" to MIA? how early is that? Wasn't aware of any US flights (other than New York and AA to Chicago) going out much before 09.00...?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ratypus
"early morning" to MIA? how early is that? Wasn't aware of any US flights (other than New York and AA to Chicago) going out much before 09.00...?
0855, 0905 or 0915 it seems, depending on the day of the week.

Even as a Londoner, that's a bit early for me if I'm heading off to MIA! I don't do that one unless I really have to.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ratypus
I imagine it's the 09:05 / 09:15 service.

I'm sure the OP has considered this, but as a fairly frequent flyer I would probably question the wisdom of getting to LHR too soon if HBO. The reason being that the flight is essentially ten hours long in a thin atmosphere, and is then followed by the delights of the MIA arrival experience, plus whatever onward travel is needed to the accommodation. Plus the humid and fairly polluted air of Florida to add to this. So if one was getting out of bed at 05:00 hrs or sooner to be in the airport, it would be a pretty exhausting day for me, even as someone who does this sort of thing regularly. The temptation would be to snooze on the aircraft, but the REM would probably sink quite deeply in that circumstance and you'd then have several days of waking up at 03:00 hrs in the States and/or a few days of being zonked. I'd rather take advantage of getting to the airport around 08:00 hrs, ideally staying at a hotel close to T3, and then staying up to about 21:00 hrs Miami time. Having said that, we're all different, and there is no right way to do this, but that would be my perspective.
Cymro likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.