Wiki Posts
Search

2nd day for delayed departure to GIG.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Oneworld
2nd day for delayed departure to GIG.

Yesterday and now today the BA249 has left LHR over two hours late, meaning the evening return flight back to LHR also departs late (2 AM). Is this happening elsewhere also? Weather in London? I'm due to fly on Sunday and I hope this does not run into a 3rd day.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Yesterday and now today the BA249 has left LHR over two hours late ...
It was less than an hour late today.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Related to 787 engine issues depleting the available fleet?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Oneworld
Really? That's better news. Google gave it as 2 hours and the knock on effect of 2.5 hours delay for tonight's BA249. I'm just concerned about keeping my kids awake for a 2am departure on Sunday.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Really? That's better news. Google gave it as 2 hours and the knock on effect of 2.5 hours delay for tonight's BA249.
I wouldn't trust Google on anything like this. There are better sources.

STD 1135, ATD 1226, airborne 1249. STA 2115, current ETA stated to be 2245 but flightradar24 gives estimated landing time as 2204, so the ETA may well come forward.

Current ETD for BA248 is 0015 (75 minutes behind).

But for tomorrow, who knows? As we are constantly being told, past performance is not a guarantee of future results. The one thing that I would speculate about (although it is no more than guesswork) is that the number of minor delays across the LHR operation today may be because of de-icing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.