Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is BA taking you anywhere nice over the festive period?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is BA taking you anywhere nice over the festive period?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
BA is taking me to OSL where I pick up Qatar to BKK in business. Had been planning to do an extra trip immediately on my return on BA in First to PEK but had to change plans due to work sending me to Australia for 9 months instead.
capin likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I've got a wife, mother in law, herd of cattle,nine dogs,one cat and a tortoise all constantly demanding my attention so I won't be going anywhere.

Which is a pity. It's 34c here today and I wouldn't mind going somewhere much cooler.
Even the tortoise is high maintenance Hiddy?
HIDDY likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I'll be travelling to Chicago on a busman's holiday to sniff out the brand new Apple Store

by eck she's gorgeous
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC - Blue :-(
5 days in Chicago flying in F on the 23rd using a 241 voucher. It’s my birthday that day too and the first time I’ve been out of the country for it in my 38 years.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:14 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
2 weeks in Tokyo courtesy of Avios and a RBC 241 voucher, YUL-LHR in CW (hopefully does not change with the 78x adventures right now) then LHR-NRT in F. Looking forwards to it!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Prospero
by eck she's gorgeous
Lots of Windows.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Cape Town next week for me. Was meant to be in Israel but rebooked today to Cape Town. Although I am sure Israel would be OK safety wise did not fancy it when it was a trip I could re-arrange. Got to love last minute availability as a gold. Cannot wait to be back in one of my favourite cities and escape the cold!
Just too late for the CPT mini-Do on the 10th!

Looking at same time next year on a 2-4-1 and almost nothing left in CW for November. Waiting for the December releases at T-355
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
While last year we had a nice family trip to Paris, Amsterdam and London, we tested the waters for a road trip back in October with the family, a successful Pacific Coast Highway and eastern Sierra Nevadas journey. This year we have a wedding to attend just before the new year in Louisiana, so we're bravely driving again (brave in that we have 3 children, and that's a lot of time in cars and hotels). Our route has us passing near 5 BA outstations on the journey (PHX, IAH, DFW, AUS, MSY), but that's as close as we'll get to flying this festive season.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Lots of Windows.
But no gates?
Prospero and HIDDY like this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by T8191
Just too late for the CPT mini-Do on the 10th!

Looking at same time next year on a 2-4-1 and almost nothing left in CW for November. Waiting for the December releases at T-355
Just realised and the sevens...oh well. Same as us, we may be fighting over the same seats. We have two 2-4-1's and are ready to pounce on four seats.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Just realised and the sevens...oh well. Same as us, we may be fighting over the same seats. We have two 2-4-1's and are ready to pounce on four seats.
Oh noooooo
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
The Skyline family are flying Sunday week in J SEA - LHR - MAD and will be spending Christmas in Seville - Christmas Markets, tapas and some cava!
HIDDY likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have recently returned from BA's newest route, Gatwick to Nürnberg, a route set up for the city's well known Christmas Fair. And I would certainly recommend a visit to this city, which is so easy to get to from the airport, 14 minutes away on the U Bahn. A medieval gem, it is a great spot for a short break.

And here is something for HIDDY, who I know is interested in these things, over in the international section there was a representative from Glasgow, Schottland, allowing Bavarians acces to whisky toddies and tartan headgear.

For those of you who are lucky enough to be using T5 over the new few weeks, the First Wing received its own Christmas decorations a few days ago. Unlike HAL's electro-purple based Christmas decoration scheme, BA's Golds, oneworld Emeralds and First passenger will notice a mass rollout of poinsettia pots - real ones. Presumably they were kept in the basement somewhere over summer.

HIDDY, PETER01, dylanks and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
We’re off to Malta on 18 Dec, then going to Berlin for Christmas. Back in Blighty for New Year as my little one is back at school on 3 Jan.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Christmas day is MAN down to LHR. I am treating myself to the sofitel overnight (usually above my price range), possibly have my own Christmas party - one hat, one popper, one balloon, and turkey for one!

Boxing day off to MXP for a b2b to start a trip to Chengdu (MXP-LHR-HKG on Boxing Day, and HKG-CTU on 27 December). Then on to HKG on 30 December, a few other FT'ers are there and celebrating New Year's Eve together, then late New Years' day starting my commute to work HKG-LHR-LBA and back in work at about 0945 on 2 January.
our_kid, PETER01, dylanks and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.