Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is BA taking you anywhere nice over the festive period?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is BA taking you anywhere nice over the festive period?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: BA demoted to rust for disloyalty, Hilton Gold
Hello, we have regularly used the Xmas break to get away on BA. Due to lurking here for a couple of years and learning from all you wonderful people we seem to travel in much greater comfort than before, so a big thank you. This year it is Cyprus, we were tempted by SFO but not as good deals as previous years and I do like a crusty old 767 and will miss them when they are gone.
​​​
PETER01 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Australia for 4 weeks, courtesy of a 241 voucher. Looking forward to NYE in Melbourne.
PETER01 and mikeyfly like this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I am using BA to bring the kids to stay with the grannies in IT over the winter school holidays. RFS x 3 via LHR was better than direct + UM fees, not having booked 4/6 months in advance as usual.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JMcGP
Hello, we have regularly used the Xmas break to get away on BA. Due to lurking here for a couple of years and learning from all you wonderful people we seem to travel in much greater comfort than before, so a big thank you. This year it is Cyprus, we were tempted by SFO but not as good deals as previous years and I do like a crusty old 767 and will miss them when they are gone.​​​
and hello to you too JMcGP! So, you've finally taken the plunge and joined so a warm welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board. Cyprus will be nice at this time of year, not roasting but certainly warmer than here that's for sure. Enjoy your holiday and may we see more of you here in the future.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PETER01
Although in Y at least they are quite decent aircraft/seats for an EU flight ^
It’s not the Y travel that’s the issue, it’s going to Torrejón for less than 24 hours just days before Christmas.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
New York on 22nd, thanks to a fab BA Holidays deal
PETER01 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Toula
We managed to find two seats in BA First from SAN to LHR then onto Zurich in Business. Was a nice surprise as allowed us to plan a last minute trip to Florence for Christmas.
Originally Posted by MHendo84
Australia for 4 weeks, courtesy of a 241 voucher. Looking forward to NYE in Melbourne.
Now both of those sound really nice indeed!
MHendo84 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
It’s not the Y travel that’s the issue, it’s going to Torrejón for less than 24 hours just days before Christmas.
I'm glad I don't travel for work!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
On 22 Dec, BA is flying us CPT-LGW.
On 23 Dec BA is flying us LGW-JER.
On 24 Dec we will be missing the Western Cape
PETER01, rapidex and kanderson1965 like this.

Last edited by T8191; Dec 9, 2017 at 4:31 am
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
As I sit here on a balcony at the Malta Hilton overlooking the marina in the pleasant but not excessive cool of the evening, 2/3rds of a bottle of the excellent local 'La valette' red wine and a dish of rabbit pasta to the good, I CURSE the day I ever fell in with you tier point seeking rogues. Honestly I do.

GOLD on the way back too. And with the family in the back somewhere.
PETER01, T8191 and rapidex like this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Cymro
Ex-AMS to BKK, booked in I class via HKG, then staying in Hua Hin (4 nights) and Bangkok (NYE). Might switch out and buy some more Hilton points to get a fifth night (currently on points and cash) in Hua Hin.
Did the IC in HH few weeks ago. Enjoy it mate. Lovely place
Cymro likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sealink
New York on 22nd, thanks to a fab BA Holidays deal
How much? Then all other members can decide and will tell you if you got a good deal or not.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bisonrav
As I sit here on a balcony at the Malta Hilton overlooking the marina in the pleasant but not excessive cool of the evening, 2/3rds of a bottle of the excellent local 'La valette' red wine and a dish of rabbit pasta to the good, I CURSE the day I ever fell in with you tier point seeking rogues. Honestly I do.

GOLD on the way back too. And with the family in the back somewhere.
Another member falling into the slippery slopes of status, travelling, turning left when boarding etc. There's really no going back you know!
bisonrav likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:15 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
With Mrsmsm2000uk almost ready to serve Eviction on our January baby, we're staying firmly put...and I shall spend most of the next few weeks building* furniture.

M

*Arranging for someone to come and build the furniture
PETER01 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Flying BA LGW-VCE in Euro Traveller where I will be picking up the fabulous QR J service to DOH and BKK. Spending Christmas in Phitsanulok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.