Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday lounge access changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Can anyone confirm that GGL+CCR can guest +5 into CCR this weekend. All on same PNR.
GGl + CCR can guest 5 into GF, not CCR.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by jason8612
5 people.
I was in F but she clearly informed me it was the holiday rules and it's due to the GGL + CCR.
My email I received does NOT state GF or club lounges. It says I can bring in 5 people into the lounge.

"To make your festive flight even more special we're delighted to extend lounge access at London Heathrow and London Gatwick to up to five of your guests when you travel with us until 13 January 2018"

I got CCR card. I can guest in 5 people on the same PNR til 13/01/2018 into the CCR.
Back in December the intel was CCR was included. Do you know for a fact that it is just GF this time?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by jason8612
5 people.
I was in F but she clearly informed me it was the holiday rules and it's due to the GGL + CCR.
My email I received does NOT state GF or club lounges. It says I can bring in 5 people into the lounge.

"To make your festive flight even more special we're delighted to extend lounge access at London Heathrow and London Gatwick to up to five of your guests when you travel with us until 13 January 2018"

I got CCR card. I can guest in 5 people on the same PNR til 13/01/2018 into the CCR.
You quote from your email:

But this just says 'lounge access'. It would be entirely compatible with this email for BA to deny CCR access and offer GF access instead.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:14 am

Just to clarify, the PP I was quoting was reporting on actual success at guesting +5 into the CCR under the new arrangement.

On your analysis an extension of "lounge access" could just as easily mean an extension of CCR access since that is the lounge that a CCR card holder would usually use.

Why oh why can BA not explain their rules / changes clearly so that we do not have to guess? I will find out on Saturday and report back.

Last edited by Newly Wed; Apr 4, 2018 at 5:15 am Reason: Typos
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:18 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Newly Wed

Why oh why can BA not explain their rules / changes clearly so that we do not have to guess?
What fun is that? then we would not have this thread
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

This is particularly unhelpful, as I'm pretty sure "The First Wing" when it was launched was described as primarily being about the new security entrance to GF, rather than it being about the already existing check-in desks, but them having a new security area next to them. I certainly misread this email, though luckily I have nobody to take through with me in any case.
When I went through the week before last, there were awful queues in the Club World check in area, and mostly completely empty desks in the First Wing, so it may still be of benefit even if people guesting more than 1 then need to go back through Fast Track.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Blissfully quiet in GF this morning. All those Goldies must have taken their wife and four children to the club lounge.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I went into the GC in T3 to see if there was any affect. There seemed to be about 15 children inside and one entire family using half the computers. Hence I relocated to the CX F lounge.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tedcruz
I went into the GC in T3 to see if there was any affect. There seemed to be about 15 children inside and one entire family using half the computers. Hence I relocated to the CX F lounge.
I'm not sure your "hence" is accurate - if you had found GC to be completely empty, can you honestly say you would have stayed there instead of relocating to CX F?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by Deltus
I'm not sure your "hence" is accurate - if you had found GC to be completely empty, can you honestly say you would have stayed there instead of relocating to CX F?
Very true-the Dragon was wondering what I was doing entering the GC.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I do hope BA finds the gain in goodwill from the gold card holders with their entire entourage is worth the loss in goodwill from all the other gold card holders and actual premium passengers whose experience is trashed by this overcrowding. I'd be well annoyed if that sort of queue had happened to me, fortunately I was travelling outside the peak times (on my own, in the front of the airplane).

The entire point of the First Wing is not to have to stand in that sort of queue, so BA entirely nullified it. Amazing.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: BA GGL
Just had an email that has extended this offer from 14th July through to 2nd September. T&Cs follow:
Whilst we will make every endeavour to accommodate your guests, additional lounge access is subject to capacity and limited to maximum five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (in addition to any partner card access). Should your first choice of lounge not be available you may be asked to use the Club (business class) Lounge. Valid only for dedicated British Airways departure lounges and not in partner operated lounges. This offer is limited to British Airways operated flights. This offer is available to you as a Gold Guest List Member and not transferable.
Not sure whether this is targeted or not, I assume not.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Just received the same mail. For my family of 4 we are covered anyway for GF through partner cards so I suspect generally the additional load on GF will be relatively low, assuming most GGLs give partner cards to their families - which would allow 5 in GF anyway.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Received also. Just in time for family trip in August
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AB Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Dear Mr tsmnc,

As one of our most valued Executive Club Members, we'd love you and your loved ones to experience our luxurious lounges this Summer. We’re delighted to extend lounge access to up to five of your guests when you travel with us between 14 July and 2 September 2018.

We look forward to welcoming you and your guests.
Am I correct and this is only for the GF in LHR ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.