Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

They're just taking the mickey, aren't they?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: RFC

Book a BA ticket US-UK for 2018. BA codeshares on the US legs, on AA. Then go book specific seats with AA and BA as needed and, seeing as it's a work trip, actually pay for them. A week later AA cancels the very first leg. BA then cancels the ticket entirely except for a leg and return internal within the UK. AA refunds seat payments. Call agent to rebook ticket. Nothing suitable works, so cancel entire ticket outright. Agent refunds ticket. Go to ba.com to use seat refund form. Doesn't work for 2018 flights - can't input the date. Website says to call "BA North American Refund Dept.". No number for that on website that I can find. Agent can't find it. Call BA general number. They say they can't process it, should use the web form (that doesn't work), and don't know the number for the "BA NA refund dept". Ask them "So what do I do now to get my money back?" Call center agent says they have no idea, laughs, and disconnects the call.

BA, you're really not selling me on you as an airline to ever trust.

Ah well. I've always wondered what it was like to dispute a credit card charge.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Not quite the phone number you are looking but web-form e-mail included in link below may be worth a shot?

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...efund-requests
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Have you tried a different browser to see if the website works, if the only issue is selecting an appropriate date?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dambus
Not quite the phone number you are looking but web-form e-mail included in link below may be worth a shot?

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...efund-requests

Ah-HA! Not *quite* what they were demanding I use, but close enough (I hope) to be worth a try.

Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Have you tried a different browser to see if the website works, if the only issue is selecting an appropriate date?
Yup. No joy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.