Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong Arrivals/Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Thanks to everyone for the advice and information, this forum always delivers! Now hopefully BA do the same will in a couple of weeks with an on time arrival for me into HKG :-)
tip to OP
save the hassle of going landside. get your baggage retagged and boarding pass re-routed airside. see the CX airside transfer desk.
this would potentially save you some time depending on immigration queues
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
Originally Posted by londonbus
The CX arrivals lounge is very nice but it is incredibly small.
To me, it's dingy, cramped, and not worth a visit. The opposite of the airside lounges, and far inferior to the LHR BA arrivals lounge.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:07 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
To me, it's dingy, cramped, and not worth a visit.
I agree, first time I Visited I was surprised how small it was. But still....Better than nothing.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ermen
tip to OP
save the hassle of going landside. get your baggage retagged and boarding pass re-routed airside. see the CX airside transfer desk.
Ah ok I didn't even realise this would be possible. So I just go to the CX Airside transfer desk with both PNRs and they can give me a boarding pass and intercept/reroute my luggage? Would certainly save me time if we're cutting it fine...
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:15 pm

Ah ok I didn't even realise this would be possible. So I just go to the CX Airside transfer desk with both PNRs and they can give me a boarding pass and intercept/reroute my luggage? Would certainly save me time if we're cutting it fine...
yes give them the luggage tags of your incoming and they will sort it out.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Actually I'll be checking in online anyway so i'll already have the boarding pass, it's just the luggage that's the issue. If I can get that rerouted via the transfer desk that would be very handy.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by kellytoronto
To me, it's dingy, cramped, and not worth a visit. The opposite of the airside lounges, and far inferior to the LHR BA arrivals lounge.
it is small. But to its (big) credit it is open till late night. Has better food than BA arrivals (though nothing like the CX airside lounges). And it's showers are a bit better (and don't have mating otters just below them)

I once arrived at aprox 10am with my luggage. Changed to hiking clothes, stored luggage in lounge storage, hiked to the big buddha, came back via bus all sweaty in the evening. Showered and went to check in. You cant do that in BA arrivals
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:05 pm

As said if you ask the CX transfer desk they should be able to re-tag your bags.

If not, HK has recently started allowing e-passport holders to use the automatic gates for immigration. You will be through immigration maximum 10-15 minutes after leaving the aircraft. There is no fast track facility as it is not really necessary.

Assuming all is well with the flight your connection will be fine even if you do need to collect your bags. There have been high tailwinds recently so most flights are arriving early too.

You're not missing much with the CX Arrivals lounge. I don't know why they bother with it.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:48 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ermen
tip to OP
Originally Posted by 1010101
As said if you ask the CX transfer desk they should be able to re-tag your bags.
WARNING! There are reports that CX is no longer doing this retagging for you:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post29029044
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
WARNING! There are reports that CX is no longer doing this retagging for you:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post29029044
What an enhancement!
OP sorry for the stale info - looks like you need to go landside now
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks again to everyone for the advice. Made my flight in the end although the hour delay into Hong Kong made it interesting as only had half on hour from the plane landing to disembark, get through immigration, pick our bags up and then do bag drop before it closes.
Turns out if you're happy to sprint like a madman through Hong Kong airport, beg for help from the immigration staff to get to the front of the queue and run at full pelt with a big backpack on you can do it from the plane to bag drop with 1 minute to spare :-)
Wouldn't recommend it but at least I made my flight and made it to Bangkok ok!
headingwest likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.