Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where have all the BA staffers gone?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Has Littlegirl left?
she always gave a balanced view of changes in European flying
Roger, Can I help you and bullroot like this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:41 pm

There's still a couple of hundred of us ex bmi-ers still on Eurofleet (me included) although our numbers are dwindling each time voluntary redundancy is offered. I'm more of a reader than a poster, but I'll drop in a little useful information when I can.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by camdentown
Can I Help You is a great person to have on the site - thanks for all your contributions and please stay active here.
Lets have more BA people - please do post and join in - you'll all be very welcome.
I'm a staffer and long time lurker. I'd be happy to pitch in if it helps.
Weez, Roger, PETER01 and 4 others like this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Originally Posted by PETER01
I've got my Flak jacket and Tin Helmet on awaiting inbound fire.

(It's really just a test to see if she is still reading the forum ;-))
The whole Pucci Galore thing is tired and cliquey and akin to a 1970s sitcom with all this hairbrush nonsense.
strichener and barnaby101 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Myotherengineisarollsroyce
Please do and its great to see you post, as well as "lurk". Other well established flyers will welcome you more than, I, the lowly silver can! However I'm sure, overall, many people would be very pleased and informed to see you post. I believe thats the whole purpose of CIHYs thread (here).

Many thanks for looking after us in the air, that goes for you too CIHY!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bullroot
The whole Pucci Galore thing is tired and cliquey and akin to a 1970s sitcom with all this hairbrush nonsense.
She might be getting on a bit but her witty ramblings are still fun to read.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Myotherengineisarollsroyce I'm delighted you have emerged from lutkerdom. It's particularly good to see staffers join in and we look forward to seeing more of you. Welcome aboard ^
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:55 pm

I miss sunrisegirl
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
No mention of Sunshine Girl yet, or am I behing blind?

A true asset to the airline and this board. Her only fault was taking things a little too personally at times when the wind up merchants got going.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Welcome onboard it’s great to have you here.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I like the (rare) insider postings from hemschmall

And of course, CIHY who has always offered amazing detail both on the forum and through direct message
Roger and Oaxaca like this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
I believe BA App Official has left the company. He was behind the below thread which was for faults with the BA App.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1578793-british-airways-iphone-android-app.html
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
As to having new current BA staffers join and help out you have bear in mind that some companies social media policy make it a disciplinary offence to make comments or indicate they work for a company unless they ask first. Not sure what BA's policy is though.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Folks, the thread has been temporarily closed for moderator review.
Thank you for your patience when the thread was temporarily closed while the FT accounts integrity team dealt with a matter. Some posts have had to be removed.

The thread is now open again.
adrianlondon likes this.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Nov 29, 2017 at 8:12 am
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Indeed. If you had any friends, they would advise you that she (and I do not mean the cat's Mother) had homicidal tendencies and that when roused from her gin-sodden slumbers was more evil than Bellatrix Lestrange. Since her memory is long and her hairbrush considered a lethal weapon under the Geneva Convention, you might start looking for a safe harbour, and do not think that a fancy Lounge would save you. No Dragon at any door would dare stand in her way. I presume that you mean the same person as I do, you poor defenseless lad. Tin hat? A cricket box would be more like - and do not thing that your truss will save you.

Now, since it will be assumed now that you like to play with petrol and matches, I'll give you a short answer. FT is not the place that it was when we joined. It is not the fun place where we got solid information and had a good laugh. That all changed about the time that BMI gave up the ghost and - sadly - went into the BA melting pot. For the record, I liked BMI as they reminded me always of the charter days - they were good folk and worked jolly hard. Still, we cannot live on memories - but FT is so negative that I think that it puts people off. There are days when I just think that some people come here to have a pop at BA, deserved or otherwise. Why they continue to give them their business is beyond me. So I assume that they have no choice. Enough of repeating myself.

The only real contribution that I have are the anecdotes which form the TFTG. I had really stopped work on them as I felt that FT would not really be interested any more. It just isn't that sort of Forum any more. I am happy to go on, but not if it gets in the way of more important things. I am a person who actually likes people and the Human Comedy never ceases to entertain me.

One last thing - contrary to what some may believe - I am very fond of CAN I HELP YOU - we are rude to each other because that is what friends do as they know that they can - and because I have always had a thing for men older than myself. I am drawn like a moth to a 20 watt bulb. I am smitten. There is no cure.XXXXXX
Please do continue to post TFTG!!! We need you and your TFTG's around here... I agree FT isn't the same as when I joined but good to know some oldies are still around.
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.