Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slimline Recaro seats on BA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:39 pm

I am slightly stunned BA is ripping out all those seats they only put in a little while ago.

They must think there is a major ROI on putting these new ones in.

Amazing how fast BA can move when there is money in it for them. When it is pure cost (e.g. new first or the new WTP seat) look how long it takes them.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:10 pm

I think the new slim easyJet seats are extremely comfortable and spacious for 28 inch pitch - well done BA

This is as good as it's gets now at the cost we all want to pay so suck it up
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
It would be a good thing if they increased the seat pitch at the front
My favourite thing about you is your indefatigable optimism.

♥️
orbitmic and T8191 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:31 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:07 am
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:35 pm

I have no experience of the new seats, so defer to those who have for any comment on how comfortable they are to sit in…

For me, the real problem with modern seats is when they are combined with a tiny seat pitch – which is the plan with BA. The issue is people digging their knees into the back of your seat - which I've found problematic even with the current ones BA use. Quite how, I don't know (I'm not the tallest person in the world, but I'm not that short either, and there is tons of room between my knees and the seat in front). But there are few things more irritating than having something dig into the small of your back during a flight…and it seems to be more noticeable on thinner seats.

Can't see the combination of this and reduced seat pitch going well.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I wonder if they will keep the first 12 rows at 30" seat pitch and all other rows further back at 28"
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by markle
This seems like a very short-sighted move for BA - it risks pushing the business travellers who pay £600+ for 'peak' ET returns to other airlines
The thing is, people have made that same argument every time BA has densified cabins - including when the current shorthaul configuration was introduced a few years ago - and yet the next move has been not to de-densify, but to densify even further. I wonder if this suggests that perhaps, just perhaps, it's not BA that's short-sighted...?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Calchas
My favourite thing about you is your indefatigable optimism.

♥️
I am not so optimistic, hence 'would' rather than 'will' or 'is'

Why be miserable in anticipation while one can live in hope?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I wish they would hand out a pillow to put against the armrest/wall in CE. It would make the now necessary 45 degree seating position so much more comfortable at very little cost
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
I wish they would hand out a pillow to put against the armrest/wall in CE. It would make the now necessary 45 degree seating position so much more comfortable at very little cost
You get a pillow and a blanket on longer flights like IST and ATH already?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:34 pm

You get a pillow and a blanket on longer flights like IST and ATH already?
Never fly those bands. On 2 hour flights after an overnight TATL a cushion of some sort would be welcome. BA charges the same as their competition with direct flights in J to places like MUC,FRA,VIE etc ticketed from NA. They could at least provide a $5 pillow for the the jetlagged hell 2 hour flight from LHR

Last edited by Crampedin13A; Nov 18, 2017 at 8:49 pm
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Never fly those bands. On 2 hour flights after an overnight TATL a cushion of some sort would be welcome. BA charges the same as their competition with direct flights in J to places like MUC,FRA,VIE etc ticketed from NA. They could at least provide a $5 pillow for the the jetlagged hell 2 hour flight from LHR
They might have a couple of them on shorter flights? I'm sure I have seen some handed out on request.

But I'd probably fly direct with competitors if I find the connecting flight hellish...
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:22 pm

They might have a couple of them on shorter flights? I'm sure I have seen some handed out on request.

But I'd probably fly direct with competitors if I find the connecting flight hellish...
Definitely leaning hard in that direction. A really good BAEC FFP only can go so far
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:50 am
Original Poster

If anyone is trying to tell me that slimline recaro seats on Easyjet with virtually no padding and slightly more legroom is more comfortable then the current well padded seats with headrest and less legroom.... they should fly with easyjet and leave this forum.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markle
This seems like a very short-sighted move for BA - it risks pushing the business travellers who pay £600+ for 'peak' ET returns to other airlines
You will have no alternative and therefore you will continue to pay £600+ for peak ET returns and “enjoy” the new seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.