Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Advice needed [follow-up with customer services ref foreign object in meal]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone, looking for sone advice.

Some may remember me posting about finding glass in my club world meal on my flight to LAS in August. At the time I told the CSM who said he’d log it but never did. I tweeted BA the pics and logged a complaint online at the time.

Six weeks later I’d heard nothing so tweeted for an update & got a call telling me they’d found nothing in the meal. When I told them I’d sent BA the pics & had a piece of the glass, they changed their tune and said it was actually with their food safety dept.

Another month passed & nothing so I rang. I was told it was with their legal dept but it should be closed “soon”. Move on 6 weeks & nowt. I seem to be wasting my time constantly tweeting, emailing, ringing. What should I do?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Were you injured? What are you hoping the airline will do?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Not good , seems like they are hoping you will forget and move on. I truly hope you do not as that is something very serious and should be sorted out even if BA do not wanna admit it ...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Were you injured? What are you hoping the airline will do?
Yes I cut my mouth & told the CSM this at the time.

What am I expecting them to do? Well acknowledge it for a start
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm sure the casual mention that you might be motivated to take it to the press if they delay any longer will motive them.

I'm making the assumption that you would like money.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armouredant
I'm sure the casual mention that you might be motivated to take it to the press if they delay any longer will motive them.

I'm making the assumption that you would like money.
Honesty when I first complained, no. An apology, acceptance that it shouldn’t have happened and a few Avios would have sufficed. Now, no I’m not implicitly looking for money but I do want it resolved including an apology
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: BA GGL
If you just want an apology, just ask for an apology. I'm sure they'd oblige. But if you're looking for financial compensation for the injury you suffered and the distress you experienced, then you'll need to be explicit about it.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by armouredant
If you just want an apology, just ask for an apology. I'm sure they'd oblige. But if you're looking for financial compensation for the injury you suffered and the distress you experienced, then you'll need to be explicit about it.
This applies to Avios as well.
You'll need to state that avios as good-will gesture would sufficiently resolve this issue.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you want GBP 1 Million, say so. If you want an apology, say so. If you want BA to surrender its operating certificate, say so.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Not much sign of anything resembling customer service or efficiency here ..........

- incident not logged as promised
- zero response to initial tweet or to complaint filed online
- dismissive attitude and change of story when chased (after a six week wait)
- nothing from BA after another ten weeks of waiting

Difficult to defend the airline’s behaviour on this (although won’t be too surprised if someone tries ..... )
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
That's not good to hear. The BA catering team would, or most certainly should have conducted a thorough investigation into how his happened. By rights, the CSM should have taken samples and had these sent off to the suppliers for analysis. After all, the main purpose of bringing this to light is surely to prevent any reoccurance. I'm guessing the foreign body in the meal was due to a smashed glass during service as nothing further has been noted. The production areas are highly clinical and the outcome of any investigation would have been removal of the whole batch if anything was found during analysis.

From a CS point of view, this seems to have been handled poorly. Accidents do happen, that's life, but further honest detailed correspondence regarding the matter with the OP is essential. An apology would be expected in the first instance, but more importantly a sincere thank you for bringing this to our attention would not go amiss.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

So my complaint was FINALLY closed

Some of you may remember I posted here a few months back about glass I found in my club world meal on LHR-LAS last August.

After a number of complaints, emails, phone calls etc, my complaint was finally closed off yesterday. I got a call off a fantastic gentleman named Malcom. He apologized profusely about the delay, the lack of communication and the stress caused. He told me there was no excuse and it wasn’t how loyal customers should be treated. I have to say, his attitude was excellent and very refreshing.

I was offered a voucher for BA for £250. To be honest I was a little taken aback. I had always said it wasn’t about money and in hindsight I could have asked for more, taken legal action and gotten more etc but in the end they acknowledged the mistake & apologized and actually made me feel like they gave a ....

Others may be of a different view
navylad, so3003 and T8191 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Glad things got settled and you got the resolution you wanted.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For reference, the original set of posts for this can be read here:

andymcdonnell likes this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jan 12, 2018 at 1:02 pm Reason: now circular reference

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.