Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Gold at last. Thank you BA FT.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Lifetime Gold at last. Thank you BA FT.

Just wanted to put my head above the parapet and thank the BA FlyerTalk forum for all the tips and tricks over the years to help me get here. It’s taken 20 years and really happy now not to have to worry about chasing renewal.

BA probably don’t realise what a powerful marketing tool they have with LTG. Until they announced it, my travel priority was mainly focussed on renewing Gold with BA and then using other carriers for convenience and schedules. Once I realised that LTG was achievable, my efforts switched to putting most of my travel with BA/OneWorld and they certainly benefited from this.

A further observation with my experience of a number of different airlines is that BA compares quite favourably. My flights have been mainly punctual, the lounges comfortable, reasonable food & wine and the staff helpful. Where there have been travel challenges, between BA and the travel agency it has been sorted out. There have been a few service misses over the years, but you get that in any large organisation. My biggest gripe with BA has been the availability of avios seats in premium cabins. When you generate the avios by travelling in these cabins, it is a reasonable assumption that is how you would like to spend them. It is difficult trying to plan a year in advance or at short notice with busy work schedules. BA could generate a lot of goodwill by being more flexible with their avios seat availability. Other than that, it has generally been a good ride.

Thanks again!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:27 am

Commiserations!

florens and Stez like this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Welcome to the LTG / GfL Club!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Welcome to the LTG / GfL Club!
Indeed, and more importantly welcome to FlyerTalk @Weary Nomad! Lifetime status is a great perk and one to enjoy as work travel subsides and retirement lurks. Now you have come out of lurkerdom I hope you continue to join in and share your experiences.

Welcome aboard ^

I love your username - and one I recognise so well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.