Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas business with BA avios?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Qantas business with BA avios?

Is it at all possible to book Qantas business class seats using BA avios?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Yes, very much so, though London to Australia is far from easy to find availability on.

It's quite easy to find availability and get very good value out of domestic and short-haul flights though.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Yes I’ve booked this for domestic flights. There’s nodmally quite good availability on BA.com for Qantas domestic redemptions. Not sure about international.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, chandrau!
Originally Posted by Vgravity
Yes I’ve booked this for domestic flights. There’s nodmally quite good availability on BA.com for Qantas domestic redemptions. Not sure about international.
It's certainly equally possible on international, although availability can always be an issue.

chandrau might find more help in the sticky thread at the top of the board: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post27691531
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:28 am

It's also worthwhile to note a lot of QF destinations aren't loaded to BA.com. Unless it is a shared destination or a popular city, its unlikely to be loaded. Best way to check is to head over to qantas.com.au and check out award availability there for the route you want to book. (look for the seat symbol next to the various chargeable fare types). If the seat symbol shows up then there's award space. You would then need to call Exec Club to make a booking / check out the applicable taxes.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
It's also worthwhile to note a lot of QF destinations aren't loaded to BA.com. Unless it is a shared destination or a popular city, its unlikely to be loaded. Best way to check is to head over to qantas.com.au and check out award availability there for the route you want to book. (look for the seat symbol next to the various chargeable fare types). If the seat symbol shows up then there's award space. You would then need to call Exec Club to make a booking / check out the applicable taxes.
I’ve found it works if you use the three letter airport code only rather than try to type the name.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:41 am

Correction - seat symbol has been updated to a rosette symbol

Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
I’ve found it works if you use the three letter airport code only rather than try to type the name.
WOW that's a new feature on Ba.com then. I redeemed avios for HTI earlier this year and got the destination not found message. Thanks for that^
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
WOW that's a new feature on Ba.com then.
No, not new and frequently referenced in this forum. For many years now, any oneworld destination which fails the look-up can usually be found by using the 3 letter codes and pressing onwards. Works best on My Executive Club pages, on the bar down the left. Particularly useful for Cathay destinations.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, not new and frequently referenced in this forum. For many years now, any oneworld destination which fails the look-up can usually be found by using the 3 letter codes and pressing onwards. Works best on My Executive Club pages, on the bar down the left. Particularly useful for Cathay destinations.
Then why the destination not found response?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If there is availability on the day/week, then it should come up in the usual way. The "destination not found" response won't show from My Executive Club.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
If you're flying to a destination only served by QantasLink, or where QantasLink has the only available award space, I've often found that this space is not bookable online but is accessible over the phone.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:09 am

This makes sense - was a SYD-HTI-BNE redemption with both sectors operated by Qantaslink
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If there is availability on the day/week, then it should come up in the usual way. The "destination not found" response won't show from My Executive Club.
I booked CBR-MEL-HBA over the phone last week. I had to call because of the “not found” message in respect of HBA. The flights were U2.

I didn’t know there was a way around the “our partners don’t fly here” message. (Yes they do ... so annoying, just be honest if you’re crap.)

Brilliant value, by the way; the revenue price was £462 and would have earned me fewer than 1000 Avios.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Calchas
I didn’t know there was a way around the “our partners don’t fly here” message.
I've just given it a quick test (so these may not be reliable results). It looks like it's now possible to book Jetconnect online. But I still can't get Qantaslink flights to show up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.