Wiki Posts
Search

BA183, 5th Nov

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL
BA183, 5th Nov

This flight (last of the day to JFK) is showing a 2 hour delay 24 hours before the flight and the 2 previous flights are zeroed out in F and J. Anyone know whether this delay is likely to shorten? I don’t fancy a 00.40 arrival at JFK as I have an early start on Monday. Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Where are you seeing the 2 hour delay? It looks to be on time on the sites I checked.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:37 pm

BAs website is directly linked to the aircraft management system, so if the aircraft provisionally operating the flight would theoretically be delayed then this will reflect

The majority of the time the delay goes away as the aircraft catches up or gets swapped out.

This time it is currently still showing a 90min delay and I did read on here about a very late swap 747-777 so I wonder if they are tight on 747s, the current allocated aircraft is coming in on the BA238 day flight from Boston due in 6.50pm

Fingers crossed for you, as a veteran of that flight it is a very late night at the best of times, not my favourite flight at all!
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
I'm on that fought and noticed the delay posted last night, but it seems to have disappeared now. Fingers crossed it stays that way, as it's a been a long day. I'm in the land of the espresso martinis now to try to make the long connection go faster if anyone else is around...
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by turnleftbrighteyes
I'm on that fought and noticed the delay posted last night, but it seems to have disappeared now. Fingers crossed it stays that way, as it's a been a long day. I'm in the land of the espresso martinis now to try to make the long connection go faster if anyone else is around...
That’s a healthy amount of espresso martini time!
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Originally Posted by absoluy
That’s a healthy amount of espresso martini time!
Indeed, but I think I'll survive. I don't need an extra two hours, though!
(And the typo in the previous post was autocorrect, rather than too many martinis, for the record.)
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by turnleftbrighteyes
Indeed, but I think I'll survive. I don't need an extra two hours, though!
(And the typo in the previous post was autocorrect, rather than too many martinis, for the record.)
Looks like a ~1.5 hour delay has popped back up. The inbound aircraft was delayed ~2.75 hours coming in from SAN. So unless they switch the aircraft (very possible) then you’re likely looking at a few more martinis.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
According to FR24, it's being operated by G-BYGB and pretty much on time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.