Wiki Posts
Search

Avios redemption on open jaw multiticket

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Avios redemption on open jaw multiticket

I’m trying to work out the best way to use my Avios to best advantage for a family of 4 to go BA london to johannnesburg then Mauritius to London a week or so later ( middle leg of joburg to Mauritius already organised via SA airlines) . Dates are in July/ aug next year all in premium economy or business. I have BA gold and quite a few points.
Am I best booking premium economy with points to reduce cost and then seeking to upgrade two of the seats again using points (two of us would like to go business, two premium economy).
Any bright ideas to minimise cost welcome!
Many thanks
Richadd
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, Richard07!
Originally Posted by Richard07
Am I best booking premium economy with points to reduce cost and then seeking to upgrade two of the seats again using points (two of us would like to go business, two premium economy).
If you have made an award booking in premium economy, you cannot upgrade that using points. You would be changing from a premium economy booking to a business class booking. And if you make a change for only two out of four seats, the booking will be split. So in normal circumstances, you are probably better off just booking two people in business on one booking and two people in premium economy on another booking from the beginning. There is no way of gaming this, and you'd probably end up paying additional change fees.

I suspect that your main difficulty will be availability, unless you're prepared to shell out for a double Avios award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.