Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Vueling at LHR rant and question for those in the know.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vueling at LHR rant and question for those in the know.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've done 23 flights on VY this year, and (a) I wouldn't do this if it was that bad and (b) I honestly don't believe I'm misleading anyone. However it is not AA First, it is certainly tight, and I accept you have reached a different opinion. I am, however 1 cm shorter than you, maybe that makes all the difference
Thankfully, I have only endured 4 VY sectors this year (ZRH-LIS-ZRH x2) purely because LX have been full. I do admit I have longer upper legs, hence my knees dig right into the seat in front with excruciatingly painful consequences.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
At least they now are running Avios. They are useful as are all Low Cost for flying between the places that no one else does. My Best Friend flies ALC - NTE with them. No one else flies that route. They pay about 40 each way. As he says "it's a seat, and I've been on worse".
I am genuinely wishing to know which one is the worse? (please exclude Ryanair as we know Ryanair actually has better legroom).
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chongcao
I am genuinely wishing to know which one is the worse? (please exclude Ryanair as we know Ryanair actually has better legroom).
There are 180 seats on a VY A320. Easyjet has 186 on their A320s, in the new refit version, however their seats are a bit thinner. BA is 168 to 177 seats but on the lower numbered version there are bigger galleys/storage areas. AirBaltic and W!zz would be my candidates for worse seating.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:44 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Worse for what, Sweetheart? I'm not in a position to judge legroom as I remember the days of charter flying and 119 (I think) on a BAC1-11 500
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
So yes for now it does not look like EI will be in oneworld soon. The best you can hope is that EI will be permitted into Atlantic JV with AA,IB,BA and AY. Anything beyond that would be an added bonus.
The JB was founded on and expanded from the underlying principles arising from joint membership of the same alliance. It would be very difficult if not impossible for the JB to happen without OW.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Well journey done. Fast track was an issue as mentioned above. There was a Priority lane at the gate and we seemed to be the only people in it. Still took 15 mins as the Priority guy was checking in some Americans and their luggage. No status related Priority boarding. Seat pitch wasnt good and BOB seemed haphazard but choice was good. Luggage still taking forever to arrive but not the worst experience in the world. Acceptable for short flights. BUT we used Avios so cost was not a factor. As I said it was all about schedule. Might be sweetened if it was less cash than a BA flight.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Priority Club Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, formerly BA Gold, formerly KLM silver
I've used Vueling exactly once. The leg room was the worst on any airline I've ever flown on and have no intention of going anywhere near them again. An unfortunate side effect of that is that I have to try & avoid meetings in Barcelona but that's life.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Again, 'upgrade' to Row 1. Leg room fine, not much more cost, and you get a food/drink item. Middle seat free. I'd do that before I abandon the entire airline.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I am sure I've mentioned it a few times here already but if this was a BA codeshared flight Vueling may be a good option: you do get seat selection in advance (so long as it is a location with online check-in) and further more it is towards the front of the aircraft. Single travellers can usually work out ways to keep the middle seat empty, since VY load from the back for 90% of their customers. Best to use the App but try to do it 3 days or so before departure.
I've booked a BA codeshare on BCN-LGW later this week operated by VY (the return sector of a flight from London; outbound is a regular BA flight). On ba.com it tells me I can only select a seat at checkin for that sector. Doesn't BCN allow online checkin?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BAAZ
I've booked a BA codeshare on BCN-LGW later this week operated by VY (the return sector of a flight from London; outbound is a regular BA flight). On ba.com it tells me I can only select a seat at checkin for that sector. Doesn't BCN allow online checkin?
It does, but you need to use the VY app. Use the BA PNR and VY magically converts it to the VY PNR (make a note of it while you are there) and you should get both seat selection and OLCI via the VY App.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Everyone wants to pay for Norwegian's rock bottom service and receive EK's Apartment.

Cheaper is easy to determine. Value is not and it is personal to the passenger.

WAPA - "Want Apartment - Pay for Apartment"
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Thai -> Thai Smile
Qantas -> Jetstar
Lufthansa -> Eurowings
Singapore Airlines -> Silkair
BA/IB -> Vueling
Swiss -> Helvetic/Edelweiss
KLM/AF -> Transavia

On Jetstar, you get some Qantas status benefits, and earning on some fares.

On Eurowings, you get some LH group Miles and More status benefits and earning.

On Silkair, you get some KrisFlyer status benefits and earning.

Not sure about Thai Smile or Helvetic or Transavia but suspect it may be similar.

Star Alliance is going to roll out its associate member scheme for LCC subsidiaries of its member carriers, which will allow some status benefits and earning capability on through ticketed itineraries.

IAG is missing a trick here. It's understandable Vueling, Are Lingus, Level not being in OW (though I see that's annoying to other OW flyers) - IAG would see benefits from acknowledging frequent flyers within IAG group airlines - such as offering common Avios earning to all IAG FFP programmes, and offering the operating carrier's usual status benefits (which obviously won't be the same across non-OW subsidiaries) to all IAG elites. Otherwise, why should any BA/IB regular flyer book Vueling or Aer Lingus, and why should any Vueling regular flyer book BA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.