Wiki Posts
Search

Delays and rebooking and T5-T3 connections

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Delays and rebooking and T5-T3 connections

So, currently on the ground in Edinburgh on BA1435. Our flight is 1h 30 late at the moment - eta 1001.

We are on a 1h 50 connection into AY1332 to helsinki. Scheduled departure is 1020 but it is late too, can see it has not long left HEL on Flightradar24 and Heathrow app is saying 1130.

As things stand we should make it but might miss out on lounge time... But do they automatically rebook in this situation? Are we best legging it across to T3 connections and hoping for the best??

Then onto TLL - we can worry about that when we get to HEL...
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't think BA auto-load rebookings over different airlines. You are still best to immediately go to T3, it's possible someone will meet you in T5 with alternative arrangements, but I wouldn't assume this will happen. Unless otherwise instructed I'd hot foot over to T3 and see what transpires. Even if the connection looks like an hour or so it is still viable (if unpleasant).

However I'm seeing a lot of delays at the moment, so it's a bit difficult to see what may or may not happen. There is a direct flight to Tallinn due out at 09:50 but that is showing a delay too. But keep an eye on that in the options as events evolve.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks CWS. Just had a slot improvement so should be in c.0930 - hopefully all will be good!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:31 am
Original Poster

So, AY1332 was almost as late as BA1435 so that worked out OK....

Sadly we missed our TLL connection but on landing found we have been automatically rebooked on the next flight which is a decent outcome overall, given the mess at Heathrow this morning.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BobServant

Sadly we missed our TLL connection but on landing found we have been automatically rebooked on the next flight which is a decent outcome overall, given the mess at Heathrow this morning.
Thanks for reporting back, I was wondering how it went. I presume you bumped into Florens somehow?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thanks for reporting back, I was wondering how it went. I presume you bumped into Florens somehow?
Not sure how to recognise flyertalkers, being pretty new to this game. There was no one with a FT balloon on a string or anything. Hope Florens made it too. Very impressed with Tallinn so far!
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:08 am

Not sure how to recognise flyertalkers, being pretty new to this game.
All Flyertalks are uncommonly good looking and demonstrably intelligent, so it's not too difficult to find them. E&OE.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

All Flyertalks are uncommonly good looking and demonstrably intelligent, so it's not too difficult to find them. E&OE.
I should probably delete my account before the mods catch up with me.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
This made me chuckle

There seems to be a few FTers out and about this weekend in HEL/TLL/LHR T3 doing the same route. I think some of them wear a yellow bag tag (I have certainly said hi to FTers who carry the tag).
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
If I am feeling sociable (which is not always !), I will wear my yellow tag with pride - at least, my bag will - and will usually mention where I am in BAEC forum post.

e.g.

I am currently sitting in the surprisingly pleasant CX lounge at DAD waiting for the 09:55 KA to HKG
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP

Not sure how to recognise flyertalkers, being pretty new to this game. There was no one with a FT balloon on a string or anything. Hope Florens made it too. Very impressed with Tallinn so far!
Sorry, did not see this before.

I was sat in 10A on the A350.

Glad you like Tallinn!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.