Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Oncologist Stops Me Flying!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:56 am

I really admired Dave’s honesty & matter of fact updates. I doubt I’d have the strength of character to deal with the challenges in the way he did. RIP.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
RIP @PeacefulWaters. Such eloquence in the face of the most unimaginable personal news was uplifting in its own way. I hope a member of his family is able to read these messages and know how much affection there was for a man we never met.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:56 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
My deepest condolences to his family. It does none of us any harm to realise how fragile life is. We tend to focus and fuss on what is, in comparison, utter trivia. I’m so sorry that he lost the battle with this vile disease. There but for the grace God Go we. May he rest in peace.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:29 am

Safe travels PeacefulWaters. My heartfelt condolences to his friends and family. I also read his blog, and needless to say, it was moving, witty and inspirational.
RIP.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
RIP, Dave. I'm sorry today is the first occasion I've had to read his blog. He obviously enjoyed writing and sharing his experiences with all.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
A very moving blog and I'd really hoped that Dave would get some positive news to balance his bravery and honesty. Very sad.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Sad news, I followed Dave's blog back from when he posted on FT about going to the states as part of his bucket list.

Such a shame and shows how fragile life really is, I think the Just giving link still works too.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/david-stringer2
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Sorry to hear that, I did read up on his blog and it was very brave of him to keep on posting.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
My deepest condolences to his family. It does none of us any harm to realise how fragile life is. We tend to focus and fuss on what is, in comparison, utter trivia. I’m so sorry that he lost the battle with this vile disease. There but for the grace God Go we. May he rest in peace.
Beautifully expressed sentiment

Rest In Peace, Dave
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:57 pm

I, indeed, re-opened this thread with apprehension and l’m saddened by the news. RIP. If think we can all take some sense of perspective from the posts contained within, and offer my thoughts to the family.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Words can not make up for this in any way. So sad.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: Iberia
I stumbled upon Dave's blog through this thread back in October and spent a couple of weeks reading every update to catch up and eagerly awaited new ones. This coincided with 3rd time breast cancer diagnosis (original was 4 years ago) for a dear friend which had metastasized to her brain, spine, lungs and liver. It gave me so much insight into how my friend was feeling and dealing with the diagnosis that I wouldn't have had otherwise. I enjoyed his humor, and of course his the side of the blog about his travels.

RIP Dave. Best wishes to Dave's family.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Terrible news. I couldn't bring myself to read his blog, as I had lost my mom 23 months ago to pancreatic cancer. But I followed his posts here on FT. Wish I had been able to meet him at a FT event.

May his memory be eternal. And I will read the blog someday soon.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Very sad news. I never met PW, but encountered him numerous times in various forums, including FT, before and after his battle with cancer started. He was always courteous and funny online, and helpful to others in his posts and advice. Clearly one of life’s good guys, condolences to his family, especially his son Chris.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:00 am

Very sad to hear this news. I found his blog both interesting and humbling. My condolences and best wishes to his family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.