FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Improvements to F / CCR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1874687-improvements-f-ccr.html)

Filthy Monkey Nov 1, 2017 7:18 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29003036)

It looks like my Grandmother's conservatory!! :o

msm2000uk Nov 1, 2017 7:25 am

I know many are criticising, but on behalf of my Grandparents, thank you to Alex Cruz for personally coming round and collecting the furniture we placed on Gumtree.

The £90 will go a long way to helping cover the heating bills this month.

M

scillyisles Nov 1, 2017 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences (Post 29003081)
I am not sure I like that new furniture very much. It looks a little dated.

A little dated - surely not ....

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 29003150)
When I saw the picture I thought it was a joke, sadly not.

CIHY - you work for BA surely you are accustomed to their jokes?:D

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 29003169)
Crikey - this doesn't look too "luxurious"

Classic understatement.^

Originally Posted by volar (Post 29003217)
It looks like the lounge of a retirement home :D

Well some of the occupants of the CCR are getting on a bit and they do spend long periods in there.:p

Originally Posted by binman (Post 29003320)
My grandmother discarded stuff like this in the 60's They really cannot be serious......surely?

And the carpet look horrible, though I suspect its not new and has been there since 2008

Maybe they got them from surplus stock from retirement homes. Brown carpets are excellent for not showing dirt etc. Seems like a wise idea given the BA cleaning standards.

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 29003339)
How comforting.....'we'll take more care of you' springs to mind. Just right for us oldies.

Bingo we have found the ideal occupant who appreciates the decor - I am sure that BA will be heartened by the fact that a cattle drover in Argentina who has not flown in quite a while likes their refurbishment efforts.:D

Tobias-UK Nov 1, 2017 8:18 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy (Post 29003104)
Thanks for the photo. That doesn't look to my taste, I must say, though perhaps it will look better in real life. I wish they'd replaced those old, flimsy little side tables as well, which now clash even more badly with the sofas and chairs. Perhaps that's still to come?

Yes. Those tables and the large square ones are also due to be replaced.

Dave_C Nov 1, 2017 8:27 am

Mind boggled. Have British Airways fired everyone in brand too? Well, I guess given the complete mish-mash that BA.com has turned into we know our answer.

NYLON Boy Nov 1, 2017 9:06 am

If one is permitted to go back on topic, here is a photo of some of the new furniture. They have replaced the section between the east end of the bar and the glass windows partitioning off the terrace. About two dozen items in all, I think. I would take more photos but it's a bit of an effort shifting people out of their seats so I can take a snap. This is probably the smartest of the new items, I can see this turning into a go-to corner of CCR.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800...923/3oFIQR.jpg

Oh how deliciously hideous. A retirement home comes to mind, somewhere in Florida, c. 1980.

mikeyfly Nov 1, 2017 9:20 am

Faux or real I wonder... :D

710 77345 Nov 1, 2017 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences (Post 29003081)
I am not sure I like that new furniture very much. It looks a little dated.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29003107)
Yes, I think it probably is a fairly traditional look

I love your English turn of phrase ^

DocS Nov 1, 2017 9:24 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29003107)
Yes, I think it probably is a fairly traditional look, but I think the thing about CCR is that actually there are quite a variety of seating styles now, over a dozen main variants, so I would hope there is something for everyone somewhere. The six items in that corner are not to be found anywhere else, for example.

aargh! So basically it feels more like a hotchpot mess as opposed to a clearly defined aesthetic :(

I suppose we should just be grateful it's not longer ripped or filthy stained furniture...

PETER01 Nov 1, 2017 9:31 am

I actually really like that pink colour, the Tartan pillows very much compliment it and it looks very comfy.

Very understated, traditional and that is in the style of BA but as always YMMV on what people think of it.

I look forward to seeing the other sections corporate-wage-slave has mentioned and the styles there.

Padmeister Nov 1, 2017 9:33 am

Unless it looks much better in the flesh that is bloody awful :td:

oxtailsoup Nov 1, 2017 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Vorno123 (Post 28991243)
Hi all,
Just back from AUH in F. Speaking to cabin crew, they weren't sure if any of the initial improvements being made to CW and rolled out in 2018 will apply to F. Anyone know more on this? It would seem strange to have those little beakers in F while those in CW have their crystal!

If they do replicate some of these CW improvements to any of the 787 flights you might just have a F class that can compete a little with others; particularly on the middle eastern routes

Also, I note CCR doesn't seem to have had its refresh - unless it has and I hadn't noticed :p

You may have been on the same flight as us in F. We had our family of 4 in row 1 on BA72 on the 29th October.

Have to say I did like the 787 F product.

Hated the AUH Premium(?!) lounge... first time I’ve ever walked in and then straight back out of a lounge because it was awful!

Can I help you Nov 1, 2017 9:49 am

Originally Posted by PETER01 (Post 29004005)
I actually really like that pink colour, the Tartan pillows very much compliment it and it looks very comfy.

Very understated, traditional and that is in the style of BA but as always YMMV on what people think of it.

I look forward to seeing the other sections corporate-wage-slave has mentioned and the styles there.

I worry about your taste.:p

MH1981 Nov 1, 2017 9:53 am

Good grief, that is absolutely horrific!!

I'll now be drinking twice as much champagne to erase the memory of seeing such awful furniture!

simons1 Nov 1, 2017 9:59 am

Couldn't you get the bingo caller in the picture?

Actually it would be a nice cameo for 'Through The Keyhole'.....the 1960s sofas, the cheap and mismatched tables, the tired carpets. Could it be....er....a cash strapped pensioner?

In your best David Frost voice. Well he is a CCR man isn't he?