FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Improvements to F / CCR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1874687-improvements-f-ccr.html)

Vorno123 Oct 29, 2017 1:24 pm

Improvements to F / CCR

Hi all,
Just back from AUH in F. Speaking to cabin crew, they weren't sure if any of the initial improvements being made to CW and rolled out in 2018 will apply to F. Anyone know more on this? It would seem strange to have those little beakers in F while those in CW have their crystal!

If they do replicate some of these CW improvements to any of the 787 flights you might just have a F class that can compete a little with others; particularly on the middle eastern routes

Also, I note CCR doesn't seem to have had its refresh - unless it has and I hadn't noticed :p

Genius1 Oct 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Welcome to FT!

I think it would be odd to have the same soft product elements in First as in Club World; I think it's highly unlikely to happen.

The T5 CCR was rumoured to be receiving new furniture over this weekend.

Airprox Oct 29, 2017 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Vorno123 (Post 28991243)
Also, I note CCR doesn't seem to have had its refresh - unless it has and I hadn't noticed :p

New furniture should go out tonight!

Lewis King Oct 29, 2017 2:36 pm

Ooh interesting! Would appreciate photos if it’s vastly different!

Vorno123 Oct 29, 2017 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1 (Post 28991367)
Welcome to FT!

I think it would be odd to have the same soft product elements in First as in Club World; I think it's highly unlikely to happen.

The T5 CCR was rumoured to be receiving new furniture over this weekend.

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Pleased to hear about the furniture going into CCR! Shame there won't be any corresponding improvement to F - lucky I normally fly CW!

Genius1 Oct 29, 2017 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Vorno123 (Post 28991559)
Shame there won't be any corresponding improvement to F - lucky I normally fly CW!

There might be improvements (I think BA have got to do something), but none have been announced yet.

Can I help you Oct 29, 2017 3:22 pm

No rumour it’s happening as I type.

chris1979 Oct 29, 2017 3:36 pm

one of the CCR staff was telling me last week that the refresh was due to take place.

it also seems that they have / are washing the curtains of the board room. they were certainly missing the last 2 times I was working in there.

Vorno123 Oct 29, 2017 3:36 pm

hurrah!

Upupintheair Oct 29, 2017 4:29 pm

Ooohh, in CCR tomorrow, will try to take pictures and upload

dereks123 Oct 29, 2017 6:15 pm

Any idea when the washrooms might receive an upgrade??? Long overdue...

gorps1 Oct 30, 2017 12:15 am

There’s was some new seating in the CCR yesterday - chairs seemed smaller than the ones replaced. I wouldn’t get too excited over these changes.

Vorno123 Oct 30, 2017 10:41 am

Grateful for any reports on this CCR new sofa frenzy and of any (unlikely) changes to F where CW has been upgraded. Thank you :)

binman Oct 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Without a fundemental re think of both J and F any tinkering with the products, on the ground or in the air, is nothing more than lipstick on a pig.

710 77345 Oct 30, 2017 5:20 pm

The new CCR furniture started to appear today - it's next to the bar if you want to check it out.

Let's just say you shouldn't get too excited :D (unless you used to travel BCal)

Flexible preferences Oct 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by binman (Post 28996372)
Without a fundemental re think of both J and F any tinkering with the products, on the ground or in the air, is nothing more than lipstick on a pig.

What a bizarre comment. I flew F to JFK on Saturday and enjoyed a superlative experience beginning to end:

*started with a huge smile and warm welcome at the entrance to the F class check in area
*F wing with both lanes open and just one couple in front of me. Friendly and efficient security.
*Great CCR experience. BA175 cocktails just wonderful, served in a friendly manner by a woman who clearly knew her stuff. Tasty lunch. Great coffee.
*The best of BA crew onboard. Looked after well by experienced, smiling crew. Delicious lunch. Dessert, dessert wine. Panasonic IFE. Exit door 1L. Beautiful 747 aircraft (sad day for me when they retire).

I simply don't recognise the airline you describe as a metaphorical 'pig'. OK BA can be inconsistent, and there is room for improvement, but your views seem so extreme I am left wondering if you have an axe to grind.

EDIer Oct 30, 2017 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Airprox (Post 28991389)
New furniture should go out tonight!

New furniture in LHR CCR ? Really?

710 77345 Oct 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by EDIer (Post 28996521)

It's as about as good as the new floor that came in during the last 'refurbishment' :D

brightstar100 Oct 30, 2017 7:45 pm

Only quick 15 mins visit to CCR this evening, but can't say I noticed. I think a more fundamental upgrade is required.

BOStonTravels Oct 30, 2017 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences (Post 28996455)
What a bizarre comment. I flew F to JFK on Saturday and enjoyed a superlative experience beginning to end:

*started with a huge smile and warm welcome at the entrance to the F class check in area
*F wing with both lanes open and just one couple in front of me. Friendly and efficient security.
*Great CCR experience. BA175 cocktails just wonderful, served in a friendly manner by a woman who clearly knew her stuff. Tasty lunch. Great coffee.
*The best of BA crew onboard. Looked after well by experienced, smiling crew. Delicious lunch. Dessert, dessert wine. Panasonic IFE. Exit door 1L. Beautiful 747 aircraft (sad day for me when they retire).

I simply don't recognise the airline you describe as a metaphorical 'pig'. OK BA can be inconsistent, and there is room for improvement, but your views seem so extreme I am left wondering if you have an axe to grind.

this. ��

crazyarmadillo Oct 30, 2017 11:00 pm

----------------

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the BA175 cocktail - I never look at the cocktail menu - sounds intriguing - I’m more of a lager man (I know I know - I blame my parents :eek:) unless at the CCR when its LPGS , well of course.

PS - just looked it up , that it is the BA CCR special - what’s in it tho?

PPS - Gin, Champagne, Apricot, Pink Grapefruit I have just discovered for any others interested. Sounds a bit to on the wild side for me, but now I know I gotta try it when back next.

KARFA Oct 31, 2017 12:10 am

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo (Post 28997401)
If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the BA175 cocktail - I never look at the cocktail menu - sounds intriguing - I’m more of a lager man (I know I know - I blame my parents :eek:) unless at the CCR when its LPGS , well of course.

PPS - Gin, Champagne, Apricot, Pink Grapefruit I have just discovered for any others interested. Sounds a bit to on the wild side for me, but now I know I gotta try it when back next.

There are some more details on the CCR cocktail menu in this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-room-lhr.html

crazyarmadillo Oct 31, 2017 12:29 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28997518)
There are some more details on the CCR cocktail menu in this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-room-lhr.html

Thanks KARFA - sounds very intriguing - maybe just the one will suffice though when we are there next..

Flexible preferences Oct 31, 2017 5:32 am

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo (Post 28997548)
Thanks KARFA - sounds very intriguing - maybe just the one will suffice though when we are there next..

One won't be enough, it leads to another and another ;)

A beguiling mix of sweet and tang, great depth of flavour, long finish, gentle bubbles but watch out - quite strong! My husband took to them even more than I did.

As an attempt to keep this on topic, this is one aspect of the CCR that I hope doesn't get improved!

PETER01 Oct 31, 2017 5:40 am

A very belated welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board Vorno123! ^

Boten Oct 31, 2017 6:20 am

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo (Post 28997401)

Just read this now from the CCR so I had to give it a go. It is very nice - but does taste strong!

Raffles Oct 31, 2017 6:33 am

Originally Posted by EDIer (Post 28996521)

Apparently a nearby Wetherspoons closed down.

Vorno123 Oct 31, 2017 7:01 am

Thanks for welcome Peter!

Just had this email from BA:
"The improvements to our Club World cabins are still in progress after which we will be improving the First Class cabin, however this is quite a lengthily process so we are unable provide you with a guarantee at this stage."

(this was in response to a question I had for a booking in F in March 2018 and whether recent CW improvements will be replicated by then - as I normally book CW)

subject2load Oct 31, 2017 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Vorno123 (Post 28998473)
Thanks for welcome Peter!

Just had this email from BA:
"The improvements to our Club World cabins are still in progress after which we will be improving the First Class cabin, however this is quite a lengthily process so we are unable provide you with a guarantee at this stage."

(this was in response to a question I had for a booking in F in March 2018 and whether recent CW improvements will be replicated by then - as I normally book CW)

Beautifully crafted.

Suitably vague, yet totally watertight :cool:

binman Oct 31, 2017 8:40 am

No axe to grind, no agenda simply my very humble opinion from actually flying on BA and other airlines over 30 years. BA was, once, a very good airline but they have declined to being a rather poor mid level second division carrier.

There will always be airlines with worse crew but there are now few with poorer hard products. Their short haul service is risible. Club world is 8 a cross and First, well a shadow of its former self.

As for cocktails, the last time I asked for a vodka martini was on a SFO LHR in F. I returned to my seat to find a glass a bottle of vodka and a bottle of vermouth. the crew had no idea how to make it!

Rubecula Oct 31, 2017 8:56 am

Originally Posted by binman (Post 28998901)
No axe to grind, no agenda simply my very humble opinion from actually flying on BA and other airlines over 30 years. BA was, once, a very good airline but they have declined to being a rather poor mid level second division carrier.

There will always be airlines with worse crew but there are now few with poorer hard products. Their short haul service is risible. Club world is 8 a cross and First, well a shadow of its former self.

As for cocktails, the last time I asked for a vodka martini was on a SFO LHR in F. I returned to my seat to find a glass a bottle of vodka and a bottle of vermouth. the crew had no idea how to make it!

Apologies if you are just referring to ET but I like CE if you can include a Saturday away.

Misco60 Oct 31, 2017 9:26 am

Originally Posted by binman (Post 28998901)

It could be argued - persuasively - that Club World is, in fact, 1-2-1, and that it only appears to be 8-across because of the way in which BA chooses to display it on the seat map. There's not, in practice, a significant difference in space or comfort between BA's product and that of many airlines who advertise a 4-across layout. I certainly prefer Club World to AA's transatlantic 2+2 layout I recently experienced.

subject2load Oct 31, 2017 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Misco60 (Post 28999071)
It could be argued - persuasively - that Club World is, in fact, 1-2-1, and that it only appears to be 8-across because of the way in which BA chooses to display it on the seat map. There's not, in practice, a significant difference in space or comfort between BA's product and that of many airlines who advertise a 4-across layout. I certainly prefer Club World to AA's transatlantic 2+2 layout I recently experienced.

Club World offers 1-2-1 (just like, say, J with CX or some QR configs...) :confused:

I reckon even if they hired Rumpole of the Bailey, BA might have trouble convincing a jury on that one.

stevie Oct 31, 2017 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Misco60 (Post 28999071)

1-2-1....that is being creative

nivsy Oct 31, 2017 10:35 am

Originally Posted by stevie (Post 28999377)

Indeed it is....plainly ridiculous 🙄

nwmgc Oct 31, 2017 11:09 am

I think it's already happening - I was given 'the beef from CW' when I flew to KUL in F last month...

Tobias-UK Oct 31, 2017 11:50 am

Originally Posted by nwmgc (Post 28999576)
I think it's already happening - I was given 'the beef from CW' when I flew to KUL in F last month...

Why were you given a Club World dish?

LondonCanuck Oct 31, 2017 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28999785)
Why were you given a Club World dish?

Same here. On my last 4 flights in F, twice I have not received my first choice, despite (usually) sitting in row 1, and being GGL. Not sure this priority of choice works, or may not always be implemented. In both cases, I was offered beef dish from CW. One I accepted, and once I went for pasta instead. On my last F flight from NRT, they had only loaded 3 Wagyu beef dishes for a cabin of 8!?!?!

mikeyfly Oct 31, 2017 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by stevie (Post 28999377)

It’s 1-2-1....within a 2... and another 2

Or 8 across as it’s more commonly known as :rolleyes:

Tobias-UK Oct 31, 2017 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by LondonCanuck (Post 29000757)
Same here. On my last 4 flights in F, twice I have not received my first choice, despite (usually) sitting in row 1, and being GGL. Not sure this priority of choice works, or may not always be implemented. In both cases, I was offered beef dish from CW. One I accepted, and once I went for pasta instead. On my last F flight from NRT, they had only loaded 3 Wagyu beef dishes for a cabin of 8!?!?!

That's very strange. It's never happened to me, in First I've always got my first choice as have my companions. Did you not think of pre-ordering for your ex-LHR sectors? Did the crew take your order shortly after take-off or did you wait until later in the flight to make your selection?