Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Entry with toddler into Galleries Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Entry with toddler into Galleries Lounge?

Flying to Singapore from LHR next Friday with wife and toddler (2 years old). I have silver, they don't.

Is there the remotest chance of persuading the lounge staff to let all three of us in?

If not I'm concerned that even though of an independent nature, he'll get bored wandering around the terminal on his own, and may talk himself onto an ill-judged flight to adventure.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Formally, no.

Informally, I'd say the odds are pretty good but I wouldn't push my luck, either.

Anyway, the solution is for your toddler to get GGL if he's that independent minded and then he can guest you both into Galleries F.
bisonrav, WorldLux and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Can I recommend you take him for a wander through the tunnels. It is a great place to let them have a bit of freedom that you cannot give them in the lounge or main terminal area due to the number of other passengers. Yes, you do still need to keep an eye on them but there are very few other passengers down there. Just read the guide before going there so you know how to get back! It’s very simple and a great place to go.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
Can I recommend you take him for a wander through the tunnels. It is a great place to let them have a bit of freedom that you cannot give them in the lounge or main terminal area due to the number of other passengers. Yes, you do still need to keep an eye on them but there are very few other passengers down there. Just read the guide before going there so you know how to get back! Its very simple and a great place to go.

Actually I didn't know about the tunnels until today when someone mentioned them on the "how long to spend in the lounge" thread, and that's definitely something I want to have a look at.

The solution if there's dragonly intransigence is probably that I'll go to the lounge with him so he can watch the aircraft, and my wife will go and relax solo in a caf - we have 12 hours of toddler on a plane to follow. But because the taxi is building in a big safety factor because of Friday M25 traffic, chances are we'll be there for a while so the ideal would be to set up shop in the lounge. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: BA: CCR / GGL / GFL Marriott: PtFL
The softplay by A7 has kept my little ones amused more than the lounge does. They also prefer eating at Giraffe. So even though I can take the whole family in the lounge we often don't.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Whilst the answer should be 'no' per the lounge rules, practical and from experience, I do not foresee a problem. Master Hoch went into lounges (when not flying in the appropriate class) until he was about 2 1/2. As I recall, I often said he was over two but no one minded.

Besides, we usually walked around in the airport because he would get bored.

H
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:23 am

What are they going to do, make you park your child in a stroller at the entrance? Of course you'll all get in.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I thought this was a question about guesting by the toddler.

So, get the toddler to silver status, then you can use the toddler to guest the wife in, and giggle a lot.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chucko
What are they going to do, make you park your child in a stroller at the entrance? Of course you'll all get in.
There is no obligation for them to all be allowed in. The OP can choose to guest either their OH or child into the lounge but not both as the child is over two. They may, at their discretion, allow everybody in. I suspect that if they attempted to leave the child outside that they will be taking a trip to the local police station rather than somewhere more exotic.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Actually I didn't know about the tunnels until today when someone mentioned them on the "how long to spend in the lounge" thread, and that's definitely something I want to have a look at.

The solution if there's dragonly intransigence is probably that I'll go to the lounge with him so he can watch the aircraft, and my wife will go and relax solo in a caf - we have 12 hours of toddler on a plane to follow. But because the taxi is building in a big safety factor because of Friday M25 traffic, chances are we'll be there for a while so the ideal would be to set up shop in the lounge. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
If you havent found it yet, heres the guide to the tunnels/passageways.

LHR Terminal 5 passageways - a pictorial guide for departing passengers
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flatlander
I thought this was a question about guesting by the toddler.

So, get the toddler to silver status, then you can use the toddler to guest the wife in, and giggle a lot.
My daughter loves the idea that she can guest my wife into the lounge as she has higher status.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

He's got 235 TP already for this year just in existing bookings, so silver is well within his grasp if he can be bothered to stop reading his Thomas the tank engine books and get on a flight to Honolulu.

Kids today. Really.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by bisonrav
He's got 235 TP already for this year just in existing bookings, so silver is well within his grasp if he can be bothered to stop reading his Thomas the tank engine books and get on a flight to Honolulu.

Kids today. Really.

Obviously you are raising a slacker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.