Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT Plus Fares to LAS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Immigration at LAS should be a breeze if you are in WT+ as you should be one of the first off the plane as it's a Mid-J 747. Personally unless there's a significant cost saving in flying through DFW or LAX I would always take the direct flight. There's an immense sense of relief in getting off the plane, clearing immigration and customs, and going straight home / to your hotel and not having to endure a further three or four hours festering at the airport and then another hour in the air.

In terms of the WT+ cabin itself, there is no denying it is a little tired and a little dated but I would assert that it's still better than WT and as the LHR - LAS flight would be a daytime flight it's less of an issue. One caveat is that there is usually just one CC looking after the cabin so the left hand side is served first - so if you're in 16K then you're last to be served. If you have status then you may find that the CC will ask what main course you would prefer and ensure that it's available.

Flying back to the UK via LAX would mean an extra flight but you'd only need to clear security / TSA in Las Vegas and then you can take the connector between T4 and TBIT at LAX as well as enjoying the lounges there. The lounge at LAS is functional but nothing spectacular.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
there has been chatter on here in recent months that LAS aircraft is subject to change... a newer aircraft could be on the route sometime soon.... or not !
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by mikem004

Whatever, I have decided to have a leisurely return leg via LAX and at least experience a proper WT+ flight on the A380 upper deck.
Good call - it’s so easy now on the return with the connector at LAX, just a 10 min walk airside to TBIT. So the issues that exist for the outbound are just not applicable. Unless you get delayed at McCarran ………. only joking!

The A380 should be done at least the once. It’s so smooth, well it generally is.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
mikem004

just one thing be careful about AA have started using the old US airways terminal at LAX - that is T5 (in addition to T4).

Recently quite a few flights we have had from LAS arrive at T5, not T4.

You can do it airside, but just be a bit careful in case you exit. If you see someone 'official' sitting in a chair next to an 'opening' - ask before going thru.

Saying that, its pretty easy just think T5 to T4 then to TBIT - say a 15 min leisurely walk airside from T5 to TBIT.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mikem004
Your second suggestion of Sun-Sat is a non-starter. Prices are very high if there is no Saturday stay.
Well, maybe it's yes and no.

But I think that at the moment it's not so much saving £300 for taking an extra day's leave, but saving £300 by giving up about three hours in Las Vegas on the day that you arrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.