Wiki Posts
Search

2-4-1 Avios Taxes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:05 am
Original Poster

2-4-1 Avios Taxes

Looking for some general advice on taxes:

Ive added a return flight from SIN-GLA off peak in september 2018 to my booking. If i check on the website it says £188 in taxes (and 87500 avios) pp for SIN-LHR, but £228 for SIN-GLA. Is that normal?

Also it seems i was hit with a £35pp change fee and £15 admin fee. Not quite sure why as i thought this fee was waived with an avios booking return leg as there was no way to add/change it online. Ive queried this with them.

Thanks
Gary
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Gazkane
Ive added a return flight from SIN-GLA off peak in september 2018 to my booking. If i check on the website it says £188 in taxes (and 87500 avios) pp for SIN-LHR, but £228 for SIN-GLA. Is that normal?
I'm not sure that's quite the way to do it. The additional TFC for converting GLA-LHR-SIN to GLA-LHR-SIN-LHR-GLA is the TFC for the latter minus the TFC for the former.

Using cash fares (as I think that Avios redemptions usually have the same TFC), GLA-LHR-SIN in Club has TFC of £395.47.

GLA-LHR-SIN-LHR-GLA in Club has TFC of £632.39.

So on those figures the difference on adding the inbound half would be £236.92.

If you were to add only SIN-LHR, so that the whole itinerary is GLA-LHR-SIN-LHR, then the TFC would be £588.97, so the difference would be £193.50.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that. Im actually going GLA-LHR-HKG-SIN-LHR-GLA, but i understand your analysis... i think
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Running that itinerary (assuming that HKG-SIN is a surface sector, given that you're on a 2-4-1), the differences are the same whether you're adding SIN-LHR or SIN-LHR-GLA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.