Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA1307 ABZ-LHR 16th Oct G-EUOH - Fumes in cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Petroleum, BA Exec Club

I was on BA1307 ABZ-LHR on the 16th of October. There was a strange smell in the cabin about midway in to the flight through to landing Not enough to make anyone unwell or any panic as far as I know.

We were met by the fire brigade south east of T5C and the plane checked over before proceeding to gate A1 with the fire brigade following us in and firemen at the gate and boarding the plane to talk to the crew. The captain did mention they were aware of the fumes and the smell and this was all standard procedure on landing. There was smoke visible above 3 or 4 of the windows on both sides where I was behind the wing when we landed Not enough to alarm anyone.

Initially I thought this may be related to other reported stories, line below.

'Smoke smell' forces flights to land at UK airports - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41639386

However, it looks like the plane was taken out of service until the 18th. It was due to fly on the 17th according to flight radar. And again full schedule on the 18th.

Any ideas what the problem was out of curiosity?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.