Wiki Posts
Search

Oh my god, it was actually great BA!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold, gha black
Oh my god, it was actually great BA!

Have been sick and tired of what I felt was a useless declining product in F and J the last few years and the other day took my first World Traveller Plus trip with the kids on a 787-9 to Abu Dhabi.

For a day flight I felt the difference in quality was minimal to J. The seat was extremely comfy and easy to doze in, lovely noise cancelling headphones, excellent new video screen. Food was presented on a basic menu, but the presentation of food, quality of the beef main which I pre ordered was excellent. The wine came in club Europe bottles two at a time, exceeding the one glass thimble servings in J, and also a sparkling welcome drink..

All in all, I think for a day flight in a new aircraft, one couldn't ask for better and I will look to book this class again in future (as long as its the new product)
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Very much mirrors my own experience on an LHR-HKG (overnight) on the A380.

Was absolutely loving the first four hours until it was time to (try to) sleep.
rockflyertalk and SvenAge like this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
We have a flight back from JNB in a couple of weeks on the 380 in WTP - really interested to see it. I also like booking it for holidays as it often results in an op-up to J anyway

The beef dish was an old CW one wasn't it? I think I saw some reference to it on the New CW enhancements thread
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Pascoe
The beef dish was an old CW one wasn't it?
In the main meal, WT+ gets a hot dish from the CW stable, although (leaving aside the new CW service) there's a choice from two options rather than four.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Been a while since I've flown BA's WT+, but did QF's PE a short time ago and with both I feel like its the "old" Y of the past where there was a bit more (maybe not as much) recline and better food presentation etc. Or maybe I'm thinking back with rose tinted glasses! I recall flying KLM from Australia and being almost forced by the crew to have an after dinner liqueur after the very large meal. PE can be sweet spot if marketed right by an airline.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Blue, EK Blue, Best Western Diamond Select, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Pascoe
We have a flight back from JNB in a couple of weeks on the 380 in WTP - really interested to see it. I also like booking it for holidays as it often results in an op-up to J anyway

The beef dish was an old CW one wasn't it? I think I saw some reference to it on the New CW enhancements thread
We have the same flight in CW 30/10. Will be interesting to compare notes and see how the two cabins compare!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
For almost all my trips to the Americas I go WTP/PE on the outbound if possible- except the night flights to South America, where I will chose J if possible. PE is becoming much easier with both IB and AA rolling out a PE product. For me JFK in WTP for £500 one way is far better value than CW. I agree PE can be a real sweet spot. That said, if the price creeps up to not very much less than CW, one starts to look at CW again.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:12 am

Have our first 380 WT+ flights coming up next week with the family. Have not flown that cabin on this AC but from peeking at it seems a quite an acceptable proposition.
And for 500GBP return to MIA from ARN it is superb value.
Disco Volante likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
PE is becoming much easier with both IB and AA rolling out a PE product.
The IB Premium Economy product has had favourable reports so far.

So much so I've booked us on it for our next house hunting trip to Galicia. Was able to select the front row seats which seem to offer plenty of leg room.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Premium economy is the one cabin where BA is broadly in line with competitors in terms of product and price from London. In economy and business the product is weaker and ex-London pricing higher than competitors, and in first product is weaker but pricing lower.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by MikeBouch
We have the same flight in CW 30/10. Will be interesting to compare notes and see how the two cabins compare!
We're doing exactly that - out in CW, back in WTP. The nerd in me is genuinely interested, although the sleep deprived new dad in me is still on the lookout for a couple of bassinet seats in J for the way back. We'll see.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
My experience with WTP is completely the opposite with the OP. during summer holiday I flew with my family to Europe in WTP. After departure I was so annoyed with the WTP hard product and I wished that I flew in CW on that night flight across the pond.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
My experience with WTP is completely the opposite with the OP. during summer holiday I flew with my family to Europe in WTP. After departure I was so annoyed with the WTP hard product and I wished that I flew in CW on that night flight across the pond.

But the OP does make it clear they are talking about a day flight. Night flights are indeed a different thing.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:54 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Depends on the aircraft. "Old" WTP on for example an unrefurbished 747 or 777 is poor and not worth the money.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
I was pleasantly surprised with my WT+ return to BKK - even in the old seats.
I slept - which I rarely do on aircraft - food was good, service was great!
I was dreading it after a few l/h in J, but I would book it again in a flash if the price is right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.