Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Choosing seats for future flights after getting Silver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

I have some flights already booked for November and December and as I am now Bronze I cannot choose seats for free until 7 days beforehand. My next flight will take me to Silver... will I then be able to choose seats for my existing bookings or will I still have to wait until 7 days beforehand?

I realise this may come up often here but I have searched and cannot find the answer... sorry.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Yes, once the Silver level is reflected on your BAEC you will be able to go into your current bookings and select your seats (but not row 1 if in CE!)

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
I have some flights already booked for November and December and as I am now Bronze I cannot choose seats for free until 7 days beforehand. My next flight will take me to Silver... will I then be able to choose seats for my existing bookings or will I still have to wait until 7 days beforehand?

I realise this may come up often here but I have searched and cannot find the answer... sorry.
You will be able to select once your Silver status becomes live.

It has been known that you may need to remove and reapply your BAEC number for the systems to recognise that your booking is linked to a Silver member - best to call or use a site like RJ.com to do this.

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
You *should* be able to - certainly you would be entitled to.

With theoretical seating, some seats may be blocked to you but open to golds (and/or full are travellers? not sure).

Sometimes, though, the booking still sees you as bronze. If that happens, you can visit finnair.com, manage your booking to remove your BAEC number, save the changes, then add the number back in.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Many thanks... onwards and upwards

Once Silver I will be doing a TP run to get gold before the end of my BAEC year (March 18)

Thanks to everyone BTW for helping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.