Wiki Posts
Search

Silver Flight Changes!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
Silver Flight Changes!!

When it comes to changing a flight time on the same day to an earlier one do BA silver members have any perks? Ie are there any reduction in change fees? Anyone any experience with this?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It's down to the ticket type not your status.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ATCOlad
When it comes to changing a flight time on the same day to an earlier one do BA silver members have any perks? Ie are there any reduction in change fees?
No. No.

Not even Golds get any perks in this respect.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by ATCOlad
When it comes to changing a flight time on the same day to an earlier one do BA silver members have any perks? Ie are there any reduction in change fees? Anyone any experience with this?
Has nothing to do with your status, and all to do with the flexibility of your ticket. As a GGL, I have shown up at the airport, plenty in advance, asked for an earlier flight, and been told “no, sorry, cannot be done due to your fare”. Sometimes, you may be lucky at airport, but don’t assume your status will make much of a difference, purely down to the agent...
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:41 am

Silver? Perks? You get enough as it is
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
I was recently told at a UK location that the might waive the ticket change fee (but not fare difference) for Silver or Gold if moving to earlier flight and upgrading fare from ET to CE. I was surprised that they would be able to do that at all regularly without revenue management grumbling at them. Maybe they only do it if a bit of extra Y space on the later flight is also a win for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.