Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL Nominate partner card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
GGL Nominate partner card

My GGL status has just renewed today. I note that I now have (as expected) no partner cards listed, but also no way to nominate new ones for my new membership year! Is this usual? Can it take a few days for the system to reset itself?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:19 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
When did you first qualify for GGL? If you qualified and achieved GGL status part way through your latest membership year then my understanding is that you won't receive a new batch of nominations again until you requalify after your first full year at GGL.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by gms
When did you first qualify for GGL? If you qualified and achieved GGL status part way through your latest membership year then my understanding is that you won't receive a new batch of nominations again until you requalify after your first full year at GGL.
that is correct.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I have now requalified for my second year as GGL
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikebg
I have now requalified for my second year as GGL
So your membership year runs 9th October to 8th October. Just to clarify, and as gms asked, when exactly did you first qualify for GGL?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
So your membership year runs 9th October to 8th October. Just to clarify, and as gms asked, when exactly did you first qualify for GGL?
March 2016
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
My new partner cards took a few days to appear after my GGL status renewed.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
March 2016
Thanks for confirming. Sorry I thought it was worth double checking.

As noted by gcuk, I think it may be worth waiting a day or two as they may not appear straight away on day one. I think if it is urgent you should be able to call to do the nomination though.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
In other news...

Master Fitch has an October membership year, so I waited until this morning to try and give him a Silver Partner card.

As he is 17 I called the GGL line rather than trying online only to be told that the computer says "huh ?" ... that is, on the agent's screen there was a message saying their was a technical anomaly with Master Fitch's account "but this will be resolved by 2nd November" !

This seems an oddly specific prediction, but in any case the agent sent the case to the back office and promised an update. We shall see
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks. It's not urgent. I just wondered if it was normal to be delayed a few days.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL
To give a recent example of how long it took......
My new membership year started 9th Sept and the opportunity to nominate appeared in my account on 17th Sept.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Fitch
In other news...

Master Fitch has an October membership year, so I waited until this morning to try and give him a Silver Partner card.

As he is 17 I called the GGL line rather than trying online only to be told that the computer says "huh ?" ... that is, on the agent's screen there was a message saying their was a technical anomaly with Master Fitch's account "but this will be resolved by 2nd November" !

This seems an oddly specific prediction, but in any case the agent sent the case to the back office and promised an update. We shall see
I've seen a message like this before when nominating someone, it wouldn't let me nominate them during the time between their TP-earning year end, and the date their previous card was due to expire. It worked fine after the previous card expiry date passed, getting them 2 more years of Silver.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
I've seen a message like this before when nominating someone, it wouldn't let me nominate them during the time between their TP-earning year end, and the date their previous card was due to expire. It worked fine after the previous card expiry date passed, getting them 2 more years of Silver.
Yes, that's what the GGL agent said this morning when I followed up...

That doesn't really help though as he is flying on Sat 21/10 to HKG and back a week later, so would miss out on seat selection (acknowledge this is less of an issue for the outbound given T-7 is upon us tomorrow) plus an additional 2975 Avios (not a fortune, I know, but not nothing either...)

In any case, the agent said she would try and get it sorted today, so I will keep faith for now with the GGL line's magical abilities
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:07 pm

My GGL status has just renewed today. I note that I now have (as expected) no partner cards listed, but also no way to nominate new ones for my new membership year! Is this usual? Can it take a few days for the system to reset itself?
​​​​
I have confirmation from BA that the “nominate partner card” function will appear online after the system refreshes on the first Sunday after the GGL status is attained or renews.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I’ve just been awarded GGL with a 8th July collection year end. If I nominate additional card holders before that date can I nominate 3 others after the date and effectively award 6 cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.