Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictorial Lounge Review: NCL British Airways Terraces Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictorial Lounge Review: NCL British Airways Terraces Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have a (very) early morning flight from NCL at 6:05 in a couple of weeks' time. Does anyone happen to know whether or not the lounge will be open in time to use it before my flight? The website suggests that it opens at 6, but can imagine a coffee at this time of the morning will be necessary...

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by lancasteruk
I have a (very) early morning flight from NCL at 6:05 in a couple of weeks' time. Does anyone happen to know whether or not the lounge will be open in time to use it before my flight? The website suggests that it opens at 6, but can imagine a coffee at this time of the morning will be necessary...

Cheers.
It will be open well before then, I was told 05:30 hours, but I actually think it's 04:30 hrs. Either way definitely open before departure in time for a coffee, they'll board about 05:50 hrs.
lancasteruk likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It will be open well before then, I was told 05:30 hours, but I actually think it's 04:30 hrs. Either way definitely open before departure in time for a coffee, they'll board about 05:50 hrs.
Super. Thanks for that. Early morning caffeine courtesy of BA it is then!

Thanks also to Genius1 for the review.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by madfish
The NCL lounge is very big, especially considering the number of flights per day and that tgese are usually well spaced out.

There are windows along one side but these look out on a corridor (which in turn acts as the path towards one of the gates) which is also glazed. If you wish to stand you can look out onto the apron 'through' the corridor to the BA stand. If you sit in that area you won't be able to see anything.
Just adding a few of my own pictures to show the view, with the lower window screen and the corridor.
Attached Images   
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
After taking a fairly lengthy FT sabbatical I have only just found this thread. A great job by Genuis1 which does the lounge justice along with proactive ideas for improvement. I may be able to offer an insight at some point here as NCL is my home airport and am currently there once/twice per week.

As for the Fed brewery being demolished for student flats.......i too remember the smell that wafted over the city (which I always thought was like wheatabix) not least when the school windows were open as we were just the other side of the central motorway!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
I think I know the answer

Several comments here about how nice / large / empty this lounge is given it is "not a hub, no LH transit, low premium pax numbers" etc.
Isn't it obvious why its a great lounge? CWS lives here (when not in the air) and his traffic alone pays for the NCL lounge.
squawk likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by 'andad
Isn't it obvious why its a great lounge? CWS lives here (when not in the air) and his traffic alone pays for the NCL lounge.
Ah yes, but even I don't get access to CCR NCL, with free-flow champagne. One person seems to have that access, and it's not me.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ah yes, but even I don't get access to CCR NCL, with free-flow champagne. One person seems to have that access, and it's not me.
?????
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:20 pm

The CCR NCL; an interesting concept!

No special access card required for entry, self service champagne optional during peak periods, table service provided off peak, complementary lost and found service, meet and greet optional, all come with a friendly interactive service. Product available at any time of day, no need to ask.

Disclaimer: only valid for those travelling frequently to a certain undisclosed EU destination.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Disclaimer: only valid for those travelling frequently to a certain undisclosed EU destination.
EU? I would almost bet you a Toblerone bar it is not.
TyneTraveller likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I would like to award a prize for the 'most delicious porridge' to NCL lounge.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:04 am

I think it's all to do with the milk they use....directly from the cow they nurture so well in the kitchen
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:11 am

Whereas the poor souls in EDI have to make do with oat infused warm water.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:31 am

This could get quite contentious. Milk or water in one's porridge and jam or salt respectively?

I'll have to give the BA porridge at NCL try in January
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by squawk
This could get quite contentious. Milk or water in one's porridge and jam or salt respectively?

I'll have to give the BA porridge at NCL try in January
milk in porridge and then a teaspoon of honey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.