Search

Club Europe to IST

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
Club Europe to IST

Morning!

I'm flying to Istanbul next weekend for a TP run and celebrate/drown my sorrows for my birthday.

On the BA App it's showing me the "In-Flight Entertainment" button.

I'm confused as I thought the Club Europe doesn't have IFE...any one able to shed a light on this?

H
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
That is my monthly 160TP run. Never had IFE. Take a book as large electronics are still prohibited in cabin (unless something has changed overnight)
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wgbalf
That is my monthly 160TP run. Never had IFE. Take a book as large electronics are still prohibited in cabin (unless something has changed overnight)
That's what I thought so the app just left me confused.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
If it's a 767, you do get an overhead film to entertain you. Or not.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:08 am

A few of the A320s do have headphone sockets and will show the BBC news, a film and the TV programmes, but they generally don't operate on routes where IFE is advertised! You'll normally get the newer sharklet equipped aircraft (with no IFE) which use less fuel.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
I’m thinking this as a TP run.

Is a same day turnaround ok?

Bearing in mind it’s roughly £380, are there any more economical routes to gain TP? I’m currently Gold with my new car year from Nov.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by NeilP
I’m thinking this as a TP run.

Have a look at Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations and in particular the IST entry in the wikipost and this post which is linked from it: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27914230-post1447.html
Bearing in mind it’s roughly £380, are there any more economical routes to gain TP?
And this thread may help with this one: BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Bearing in mind it’s roughly £380, are there any more economical routes to gain TP? I’m currently Gold with my new car year from Nov.
You can do back to back at IST, more information in the Dashboard thread on the topic. However note that hotels in IST are at near give away prices at the moment, so I would encourage spending a few days there.

That fare is over £2 per TP - you can get domestic Club Europe for around the same, and there are plenty of places in Europe on a similar figure. You can also get to IST for less than £380. This doesn't apply to domestics, but there is usually a Saturday night rule to work around.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I've just done this flight, it's a decent length to enjoy the improved catering too.

Some of the A320s have IFE but there aren't enough of them to guarantee it on the routes advertised. We had one on the way out and on our seats with pillows and blankets there were the long haul World Traveller ear buds. They showed BBC News, a film, then a TV episode.

On the way back we got a newer A320 with the sharklets, no IFE at all.

RE pricing that seems steep. IST is currently cheap as chips for ground arrangements so I would consider booking through BA Holidays and including a hotel. We got return Club flights and 3 nights '5 star' (decent enough) in the centre for £300pp. A great TP run, especially given the bonus holiday Avios. I know with the political situation some people wouldn't go at the moment, so this may of course be the reason you want to B2B it.

Cheers.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 9:52 am
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for the replies - I’m thinking B2B, currently £359 CE via BA direct. With a 1 night stop over £379 which is awfully tempting.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Don't forget UK and many other passport holders need a $20 visa for Turkey unless staying airside- easily obtainable online and maybe still on arrival, though believe the latter option is due to be withdrawn if it hasn't been already.

Last edited by fruitcage; Sep 29, 2017 at 8:47 am
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fruitcage
Don't forget UK and many other passport holders need a $20 visa for Turkey unless staying airside- easily obtainable online and maybe still on arrival, though believe the latter option is due to be withdrawn if it hasn't been already.
I didn't want to take the risk and got the visa beforehand, lucky it's valid for a few months so will cover another TP run in the new year
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 9:52 am
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Back in early Sept, someone had posted in the Tier Point Runs Thread for return CE flights to IST in October for £258! Going out on a Sat and coming back on Sunday. Now that was a great bargain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.