Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights from Bristol Temple Mead?!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:34 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
As far as I can see the app only throws these out from departure points that BA serves anyway as an alternative routing but doesn't let you select non-airport departure cities/towns (the GWR partnership includes stations all the way down to Penzance).

The add-on for a Bristol-Paddington ticket seems quite cheap at £15 on one example I tried, but strangely it doesn't include HEX - surely the point of this is to get you all the way to departure airport and the onward to final destination?

I also noticed that the train segment includes one checked bag, which is nice
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Firipu
I've also done an ex-EU from Antwerp where the first leg was a train to AMS!
Yes, it's an AFKL specialty. There's even an AF-branded TGV that runs between CDG and Brussels!

Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by LPQ
I'm booked on a Swissair numbered flight in a month or twos time - and it's a train.
Yes, I first came across this concept sitting in a lounge in Zurich watching various train connections being listed on the departure board.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Incidentally TheJayHatch, what exactly were you trying to book when this option came up? I tried to do something on my App and it didn't show anything interesting.
I was looking at BRS-PMI (not knowing it's as good as a chocolate teapot for a weekend escape). Just tried it again and it worked: TPB-PMI via LHR and MAD. only 9 hours and 32 mins...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.