Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bordeaux Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Mrs PtF and I, inspired by Rick Stein’s Long Weekends TV series (episode 1 of 10), had identified Bordeaux as a place worth visiting for a few days. However, while we were prepared to ignore our general dislike of LGW, the timing of BA’s BOD flights (either dep LGW at the crack of dawn or arr BOD very late in the evening) wasn’t that appealing.

Throw in BOD’s lounge situation, as described in this thread, and that’s three reasons why we will not be visiting Bordeaux anytime soon - which is a shame really.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
As planned, I spent a few hours in BOD this week. Without a doubt one of worst airports I've every experienced. Dirty, dingy, rude staff, expensive food, confusing floor plan, the immigration didn't turn up for outbound until 25 minutes before the flight and seating was uncomfortable and inconvenient.

I'd expect this from an African airport, not one in Europe.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Mrs PtF and I, inspired by Rick Stein’s Long Weekends TV series (episode 1 of 10), had identified Bordeaux as a place worth visiting for a few days. However, while we were prepared to ignore our general dislike of LGW, the timing of BA’s BOD flights (either dep LGW at the crack of dawn or arr BOD very late in the evening) wasn’t that appealing.

Throw in BOD’s lounge situation, as described in this thread, and that’s three reasons why we will not be visiting Bordeaux anytime soon - which is a shame really.
On the other hand the IC Bordeaux is rather nice for a weekend. Its almost worth taking the train down to TOU to avoid BOD. Snr Cruz is always moaning about the low price of BOD tickets. Now we know why.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I’m going to put in a plea to stop the Bordeaux bashing. Yes the airport is crap, but that isn’t BA’s fault.

It’s a provincial airport, turn up 90 mins before your flight and view it as a means to an end.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
I have no issues with BA to be honest. However, being a provincial airport is no excuse for the poor overall quality and experience from entrance to gate. They serve international flights, which they get a paid a pretty penny for, so there is no reason for it to look like it has never had a single penny spent on it in years.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Currently in BOD, had to go to check in to get a paper boarding card for grandmother in law, and surprised to be handed a lounge invite!

Not the most inspiring lounge but I have been in worse - although it is a SAUNA in here!

Food offering is absolutely useless - but there is wine, beer, soft drinks and a few spirits. Not a bad place to spend 45mins waiting for the midnight flight to LGW - better than the terminal!

Old May 7, 2018, 2:41 pm

P. S. Travelling CE - Not sure if they allow Silvers/Golds in?
Old May 7, 2018, 2:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xtommox
P. S. Travelling CE - Not sure if they allow Silvers/Golds in?
Yes it's a surprising new addition to the lounge network given that BA had a semi-public bust-up with the airport over the issue. But it has been settled as of mid April, and Silver, Gold, Club Europe and oneworld equivalents are allowed in on the usual terms.

More information in the Europe lounge guide in the Dashboard.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes it's a surprising new addition to the lounge network given that BA had a semi-public bust-up with the airport over the issue. But it has been settled as of mid April, and Silver, Gold, Club Europe and oneworld equivalents are allowed in on the usual terms.

More information in the Europe lounge guide in the Dashboard.
My bad for not checking the dashboard!

I thought all hope was lost based on this thread so didn't bother!
Old May 7, 2018, 2:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xtommox
I thought all hope was lost based on this thread so didn't bother!
No one more surprised than me. BA went through a patch of deeming lounges uncommercial for various routes, usually on the basis that the route was new. Then when business routes like KRK and OPO had be running for well over a year they still didn't have a lounge. A few months ago there was a complete about turn and lounge access started appearing even in places where the facilities are so weak (hello Seville) that there may have been a case for BA to spare their customers. BOD was expensive on a low margin route, and not-so-good hence my surprise there. Just TLL and ACE which are the odd ones out now.
Old May 22, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by [b
​​​​​​​[/b]​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​corporate-wage-slave;29726760]No one more surprised than me...,BOD was expensive on a low margin route
It is my first time departing on BA out of Bordeaux for a while so I am pleased about lounge access but maybe BA are hurting themselves with pricing. I have just booked a one way ticket 4 days in advance via our Corp TA and was astonished to find the fare was 20Eur plus taxes for a grand total of 39Eur. N Fare bucket so even gets 10TPs. Add in Lounge charge and this is just crazy.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Edited to add:
​​​​​​​Having just finished a couple of hours in the lounge due to a delay it is really quite good for a regional French lounge and certainly a step up from the Croix Du Sud in Toulouse. Not a Sauna, light and airy withgood views of the runway and reasonable drinks selection. Don’t expect to have a meal here though....

Last edited by Robespierre; May 25, 2018 at 2:52 pm Reason: Added lounge feedback
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Heading back to BOD in Oct, looking forward to trying out the lounge access.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:14 pm

Any recent updates on BOD lounge?

Visiting soon and I've a late evening flight so was wondering if the lounge is worth the E30?

Any views on positive/ negative reports?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.