Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice for travel to Auckland

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
When I have plans firmed with work it is usually 4-6 months out. A one-way then works out at almost the price of a return. I have looked at this but the best deals by then are on China Eastern with 8 hours in their claimed business class lounge. CZ is marginallly better at they put you in the Pullman which is walkable from the terminal.
I even looked at LAN but they and AA via LAX are pricey.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
..A one-way then works out at almost the price of a return.
For personal travel can use frequent flyer miles one way (if you ffp allows that)
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:19 am

Just come back from AKL. Flight left at 3.00ish. I ate and drunk very well, watched two films and slept for nine hours. Short time in Doha, enough for a shower, a light meal, another film and a two hour doze and there I was in Oslo. Alas, it was a BA plane back to London with cramped seating and a breaded chicken salad which I declined.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11923227

Someone operating a digger has cut the only aviation fuel supply line for AKL. Will not be fixed for up to two weeks. Those ex AKl flights will have to refuel in the Pacific and Australia for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.